**Winter Respiratory Season Visitation Policy Now in Effect**
In order to protect our patients and their families, as well as other visitors and our staff, these restrictions will remain in place over the next several months:
- Only Partners in Care over age 18 can visit inpatient areas.
- All other healthy visitors must wait in the first floor lobby areas to provide support to parents and Partners in Care.
- Any visitors with flu-like symptoms or respiratory illness (fever, cough, runny nose, sore throat) are asked not to visit the Hospital.
- In the event of a severe winter respiratory season, further limitations may be implemented.
Our Priority is Your Child
Whether your child is coming to us for a routine checkup, a surgical procedure, a hospital stay or emergency care, we strive to make you and your child feel safe, comfortable and part of our healthcare team. This section of our site provides the information you need to help you and your child have a positive experience.
We understand that when your child needs medical care, a visit to the hospital or clinic can be difficult and stressful. That’s why we want you to know that the health, well-being and safety of your child are always our first priority.
To help you and your child have a positive experience at Rady Children’s, we:
- Provide a safe environment
- Practice family-centered care
- Maintain patient confidentiality
- Offer information and resources
To help ensure your child is getting the best possible care, we have a Family Advisory Council, which provides feedback and guidance to Hospital staff on decisions that can affect patients and families.
To prepare your child for surgery, watch our Warren Family Surgical Center Pre-Op Tour video. Click here.
For information to guide you during your child’s hospital stay:
A Room with a Zoo
San Diego Zoo Kids, a television channel featuring programming about unique and endangered animal species, is available in every patient room and waiting areas. It is made possible through partnership between Rady Children’s and San Diego Zoo Global, and a generous gift by businessman and philanthropist T. Denny Sanford.