As of July 1, 2015, pediatric emergency medicine services will be provided by our physicians at Rancho Springs Medical Center in Murrieta. Services will be available from 12 p.m.-10 p.m., seven days a week. Outside of these hours, pediatric patients will be seen by Rancho Springs Emergency Medicine physicians.
The Sam S. and Rose Stein Emergency Care Center at Rady Children’s Hospital-San Diego is the only emergency care center in the region dedicated to caring for kids and the only Level 1 pediatric trauma center in San Diego County. Each year, there are approximately 70,000 emergency care visits. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
If your child needs immediate medical attention and you cannot safely transport your child to the Hospital, please call 911 immediately. Read when to go to the ER.
Expert care is provided by the emergency medicine physicians of Rady Children’s Specialists of San Diego, the largest group of board-certified pediatric emergency specialists in San Diego County. As a Division of Rady Children’s Specialists, our physicians have access to and work closely with the full range of pediatric subspecialists, enabling us to provide optimal care. Our specially trained nurses are experienced and skilled in caring for sick and injured children as well.
To continuously improve our quality of care, we are actively involved in research on diseases and conditions often seen in emergency care, including asthma, meningitis, appendicitis, Kawasaki disease, and mild traumatic brain injury. Additionally, our Division is a leading teaching program, training the best and brightest physicians here in San Diego and from across the nation. Since 2002, we have had an ACGME-accredited Pediatric Emergency Medicine fellowship, and our physicians have won numerous teaching awards.
For treatment of injuries and illnesses that are not life- or limb-threatening but need immediate attention, please contact one of our Urgent Care centers.
Telephone Triage Line
- The Triage Telephone Line is a special service offered to families of subscribing physicians.
- Staffed by Rady Children’s pediatric nurses, the line serves as an after-hours service for doctors’ offices, with nurses answering parents’ questions, providing home care instructions and making referrals for care according to each physician’s preference. More than 100 area pediatricians subscribe to this service, which is free for families
- The Center has recently been remodeled to include an expanded triage area, larger and more comfortable waiting areas, more monitored beds, and more bedside televisions and DVD players for our young patients.
- The Division has added intermediate care physicians to see patients with less acute conditions.
- A Fast Track program has been initiated to improve the triage process, enabling patients to be seen more quickly by a skilled clinician.
- The Division has developed 10 medical pathways to ensure that high quality care is always delivered.
- The Center continues to offer the Ambassador program, in which a staff member — serving as a roving “Ambassador”– works with volunteers to provide families with comfort items and other assistance.
Support Our Program
One hundred percent of your tax-deductible gift benefits Rady Children’s. To make a donation, click here.