Our Mission: To promote the health and well-being of abused and traumatized children and their families through excellence and leadership in evaluation, treatment, prevention, education, advocacy and research.
The Chadwick Center for Children & Families at Rady Children’s offers programs and services that provide for the prevention, identification and treatment of abused and traumatized children, as well as women impacted by domestic violence.
With a staff of more than 75 professionals in the fields of medicine, social work, psychology, psychiatry, child development, nursing and education technology, the Center is one of the largest hospital-based child advocacy and trauma treatment centers in the nation. Expert medical care is provided by the Division of Child Abuse Pediatrics of Rady Children’s Specialists of San Diego.
To help children and women cope with their trauma, we use a variety of medical, social and therapeutic approaches, all of which are evidence-based.
Our services include:
- Trauma Counseling Services
- Forensic and Medical Services
- Chadwick Growth Support Clinic
- Kids and Teens in Court Program
- Grant-Funded Initiatives
- KidSTART Clinic
- Professional Education Services
For more information about our services and events, visit www.ChadwickCenter.org.
Video: Dr. Suzanne Starling discusses our critical programs
In the News
- How to Talk to Your Kids About Mass Shootings, kusi.com, features Brent Crandal, Ph.D.
- Rady Children’s Hospital Receives $1.2 million Grant from DOJ, State Top Leading News, mentions Chadwick Center for Children and Families
- Child Abuse Prevention Summit Seeks to Help End a Nationwide Epidemic, satPRnews, mentions Rady Children’s Hospital-San Diego
- Pinwheels at Rady Children’s Hospital Draw Attention to Problem of Child Abuse, nbcsandiego.com
- CWS Working to Treat Childhood – and Parents’ – Trauma, Visalia Times-Delta
- Underage Sex Trafficking in Providence to be Discussed at San Diego Conference, RI Future
- Abuso de Menores, Un Tema del Que Se Tiene Que Hablar Más Abiertamente en la Comunidad Latina, El Latino
- California Creates New Child Abuse Reporting Module, San Jose Mercury News
Support Our Program
One hundred percent of your tax-deductible gift benefits Rady Children’s. To make a donation, click here.