Rady Children’s multidisciplinary Down Syndrome Center provides assessments, recommendations and case management. Dr. Lauren Gist is director of the center and brings expertise in both developmental and behavioral pediatrics as well as general pediatrics. She is also bilingual (English/Spanish).
Our team includes the following specialists/providers:
- Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrician: Lauren Gist, M.D., M.P.H. (bilingual)
- Rotating Developmental-Behavioral Pediatric Fellows and Pediatric Residents
- Genetic Counselor: Sophia Ceulemans, M.S.
- Behavior Specialist: Abbey Hye, BCBA
- Social Worker: Courtney Hoffman, M.S.W.
- Speech-Language Pathologists: Valerie Dorfman, M.S., CCC (bilingual); Kathy Munroe, M.S,. CCC; Shannon Apel, M.A., CCC
- Physical Therapist: Adam Harner, D.P.T.
- Occupational Therapist: Yuki Wada, O.T.R./L
- Dietitian: Janet Salvador, R.D. (bilingual)
- Rotating Dental Residents
- Clinic Coordinator and Clinic Scheduler: Dalia Flores, B.A. (bilingual)