Healthy Development Services (HDS) at Rady Children’s Hospital-San Diego provides services for children from birth to age 5 with mild to moderate developmental and behavioral concerns. Our goal is to assist caregivers and professionals in supporting optimal developmental and behavioral health through a network of coordinated services.
Funded by the First 5 San Diego through revenues from the Proposition 10 tobacco tax, HDS is free to families who qualify for these services. In order to be eligible:
- Children must be 0-5 years old and not yet in kindergarten.
- Families must reside in San Diego County.
- Children are unable to access services elsewhere.
Services are available regardless of insurance status or income.
We are committed to ensuring you are connected to the program(s) and service(s) that best meets your child and family’s needs. If your child previously received services elsewhere or is currently receiving services through insurance, California Early Start, your local school district, etc., please contact us to see if additional services are available to you or your child through HDS.
There are several ways to access HDS services:
- You can be referred by your child’s pediatrician.
- You can be referred by your child’s preschool or childcare provider as well as other community agencies.
- You can refer your own child by calling us directly. Healthy Development Services are offered at various locations throughout San Diego County. Click here to find a location near you.