- Tumor evaluation and diagnosis
- Intraoperative consultation (frozen section evaluation of tissue)
- Biospy evaluation
- Bone marrow examination
- Cytologic evaluation of body fluid
- Postmortem examination
Many methods are used in the evaluation and diagnosis of surgical (tumor and biopsy) pathology specimens, including routine microscopic examination, electron microscopy, immunohistochemical analysis, and the use of special stains.
Laboratory Services (Inpatient and Outpatient)
- Blood banking
- Chemistry, including cystic fibrosis screening
- Therapeutic drug monitoring
- Molecular diagnostic testing, including PCR testing
In addition to providing these services at the Hospital, the Division processes many specimens sent to laboratories throughout the country for specialized studies.
Rady Children’s Pathology Lab is accredited by the College of American Pathologists and licensed by the State of California Department of Public Health.