Healthy Lifestyles/Disease Prevention
- Health Champions: increasing physical activity and healthy lifestyle knowledge and behaviors through an innovative program in middle schools and high schools.
- Childhood Obesity Initiative: reducing and preventing childhood obesity through a countywide program, in which our staff holds leadership positions.
- Key Steps Primary Prevention: helping parents of young children get the right start with nutrition and a healthy lifestyle.
- Nutrition education and Rethink Your Drink – helping families make healthy food and drink choices.
- Safety Store: providing products to keep your family safe.
- Safe Kids San Diego: addressing drowning prevention, child passenger safety and other prevalent injury areas through a local coalition, in which Rady Children’s is the lead organization.
- Injury-Free Coalition for Kids: preventing injuries as part of a national program of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
- Safe Routes to School: increasing the number of children who walk or bike to school safely as part of a national initiative.
- Kohl’s Transportation Safety Program: providing weekly child passenger safety seat inspections through a grant from Kohl’s Department Store.
- Sports Injury and Concussion Prevention Program: preventing sports injuries and concussions in children and teens through our 360 Sports Medicine program and other initiatives.
Maternal and Child Health
- Partnership for Smoke-free Families: reducing tobacco smoke exposure among pregnant women and young children.
- Asthma Coalition
- Immunization: working to ensure the safety of children in the community by increasing numbers of fully immunized children through providing information and resources to parents.
- Anderson Center for Dental Care: improving the oral health of all children in San Diego County through improved access to care, education, advocacy and research.
- FACES for the Future: inspiring youth to lead by creating innovative approaches to youth development, health careers preparation, and wellness.
- Juvenile Hall Wellness Team: providing health and wellness information and counseling for incarcerated youth.