Keeping kids well. Keeping communities strong. Learn more in our Impact Report.
Rady Children’s wants you to be the best parent you can be, so we created the Center for Healthier Communities.
The Center for Healthier Communities is your community resource for keeping your children healthy and safe. By partnering with organizations throughout our region, we offer an array of innovative programs and services. Click here for all our community programs.
Our priorities are Injury Prevention, Oral Health, Maternal and Child Health, Nutrition and Healthy Lifestyles, and Youth Development.
Among the services and resources that are available to you:
- Car seat checkups. Sign up for a safety seat inspection at a location near you.
- The Rady Children’s Safety Store, a one-stop shop for approved safety gear and disaster preparedness supplies. Browse the Safety Store.
- Injury prevention fact sheets on childproofing, pool safety and more.
- Dental health information. Learn how to take care of your children’s teeth – and keep them smiling.
In the News
- City Heights High Schoolers Are Prepping to Become Your Next Doctor, kpbs.org, features Mary Beth Moran
- Parents Distracted by Smartphones Can Lead to Kids Drowning, Lifeguards Warn, today.com, features Mary Beth Moran
- Rady Seeking Volunteer Interpreters to Expand Health Education Program, kpbs.com, features Jamie Cassutt-Sanchez
- Rady Children’s Hospital Launches Campaign to Promote Healthy Eating, kusi.com, features Cheri Fidler
- Growing Up San Diego: Safe Sleep Practices, cbs8.com, features Mary Beth Moran and Daniel Hershey, M.D.
- Rady Children’ Offers Free Safety Inspection, cbs8.com, features Mary Beth Moran
- Fewer Kids Injured on Bikes, While More Senior Cyclists Suffer Severe Injuries, inewsource, features Mary Beth Moran
- Rady Children’s Hospital-San Diego Summer Medical Academy, Eagle & Times
- Keeping Your Home Safe for Your Kids, cbs8.com, features Mary Beth Moran
- More Children Fall Out of Windows During Heat Waves, nbcsandiego.com, features Mary Beth Moran