Learn more in our Impact Report
Director: Mary Beth Moran, PT, M.Ed., M.S.
The Center for Healthier Communities (CHC) is your community resource for keeping your children healthy and safe. By partnering with organizations throughout our region, we offer an array of innovative programs and services, including: Maternal and Child Health, Oral Health, Youth Development, Injury Prevention, and Nutrition & Healthy Lifestyles.
The Role of Center for Healthier Communities is to:
- Analyze child health issues and key health indicators
- Integrate Rady Children’s Hospital care redesign/population health efforts with community initiatives and resources
- Convene organizations and individuals to collaborate on strategic initiatives
- Develop, launch and test innovative prevention strategies that address social determinants of health
- Advocate for related policy and environmental changes
- Leverage assets from private and public sectors
The Center for Healthier Communities works to analyze preventive child health issues and utilize best practice strategies to launch innovative prevention-oriented initiatives. These initiatives address health disparities and integrate Rady Children’s clinical care with community partners and resources to create healthier communities. The diagram below depicts the role of CHC as an integrator.
In the News
- Chula Vista Fire Department launches program to prevent crib injuries and window falls, CBS 8 News, features Lorrie Lynn, Injury Prevention Officer at Rady Children’s Hospital.