Ronald McDonald House
Located across the street from the Acute Care Pavilion
2929 Children’s Way, San Diego, CA 92123
San Diego’s Ronald McDonald House offers lodging and support to families during their child’s hospitalization. Guests with seriously ill or injured children may be eligible to stay overnight with a referral from a Hospital social worker. Daytime resources are available through the Family Care Center.
Family Care Center
Hours: Daily 7 a.m. – 9 p.m.
The Family Care Center is open to all families with children in nearby hospitals, even those not staying overnight. Simply show your hospital-issued wristband at the House for a day pass.
Services are free of charge thanks to contributions from caring individuals, businesses, and organizations in our community.
Come to the Family Care Center for:
- Three meals a day (Breakfast 7-8:30 a.m.; Lunch 12-1:30 p.m.; Dinner: 6-7:30 p.m.)
- Napping and nursing rooms
- Laundry facilities
- Indoor and outdoor play spaces
- Sports court
- Fitness room (ages 18+)
- WebMD Computer Lab
- Ford Getaway Room for TV
- Video games and foosball
- Bernice Lavin Salon with volunteer licensed stylists
- Interfaith chapel/reflection room
- For families residing at the House, onsite school for pre-K to grade 12, in partnership with San Diego Unified School District