Healthy Lifestyles/Obesity Prevention
- City Heights Wellness Center: improving the long-term health of families by helping them to make healthy choices.
- Let’s Get Cooking Classes: offering hands-on, interactive classes for the entire family at the City Heights Wellness Center’s teaching kitchen.
- Rethink Your Drink: providing education about the health effects of added sweeteners in beverages.
- Health Champions: increasing physical activity and healthy lifestyle knowledge and behaviors through an innovative program in middle schools and high schools.
- Key Steps Obesity Prevention: helping parents of young children get the right start with nutrition and a healthy lifestyle.
- Physical activity and nutrition information and referral resources: linking families with information about local programs related to nutrition, physical activity, weight management, diabetes and emergency food resources.
- San Diego Childhood Obesity Initiative: reducing and preventing childhood obesity through policy, systems and environmental change.
- Safety Store: providing products to keep your family safe.
- Safe Kids San Diego: addressing drowning prevention, child passenger safety and other prevalent injury areas through a local coalition, in which Rady Children’s is the lead organization.
- Injury Free Coalition for Kids: preventing injuries as part of a national program of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
- Safe Routes to School: increasing the number of children who walk or bike to school safely as part of a national initiative.
- Transportation Safety Program: providing weekly child passenger safety seat inspections.
Maternal and Child Health
- Health Stars Literacy and Lifestyle Program for low-income families
- Tobacco Cessation/Partnership for Smoke-free Families: reducing tobacco smoke exposure among pregnant women and young children.
- Immunization: working to ensure the safety of children in the community by increasing numbers of fully immunized children through providing information and resources to parents.
Improving the oral health of all children in San Diego County through improved access to care, education, advocacy and research.
Positive Youth Development Programs
- FACES for the Future: inspiring youth to lead by creating innovative approaches to youth development, health careers preparation, and wellness.
- Summer Medical Academy: giving local high school students an up-close look at the medical and pharmacy professions.
- Bridge to Empowerment
- Juvenile Hall Wellness Team: providing health and wellness information and counseling for incarcerated youth.