Healthy Lifestyles/Obesity Prevention
- Healthy Connections: providing nutrition and recipe videos to help families eat healthy.
- Rethink Your Drink: educating the public about the health effects of added sweeteners in beverages.
- Health Champions: increasing physical activity and healthy lifestyle knowledge and behaviors through an innovative program in middle schools and high schools.
- Key Steps Obesity Prevention: helping parents of young children get the right start with nutrition and a healthy lifestyle.
- Physical Activity and Nutrition Information and Referral Resources: linking families with information about local programs related to nutrition, physical activity, weight management, diabetes and emergency food resources.
- San Diego Childhood Obesity Initiative: reducing and preventing childhood obesity through policy, systems and environmental change.
- Safety Store: providing products to keep your family safe.
- Safe Kids San Diego: addressing drowning prevention, child passenger safety and other prevalent injury areas through a local coalition, in which Rady Children’s is the lead organization.
- Injury Free Coalition for Kids: preventing injuries as part of a national program of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
- Safe Routes to School: increasing the number of children who walk or bike to school safely as part of a national initiative.
- Transportation Safety Program: providing child passenger safety seat inspections by appointment or at bi-weekly events.
Maternal and Child Health
- Health Stars Literacy and Lifestyle Program for low-income families: connecting with families in their communities on key child health issues.
- Tobacco Cessation/Partnership for Smoke-free Families: reducing tobacco smoke exposure among pregnant women and young children.
- Immunization: working to ensure the safety of children in the community by increasing numbers of fully immunized children through providing information and resources to parents.
Anderson Center for Dental Care: Improving the oral health of all children in San Diego County through improved access to care, education, advocacy and research.
- FACES for the Future: inspiring youth to lead by creating innovative approaches to youth development, health careers preparation, and wellness.
- Medical Academy: giving local high school students an up-close look at the medical and pharmacy professions.
- Bridge to Employment: motivating young people from disadvantaged communities to stay in school, excel academically and elevate their career aspirations.
- Juvenile Hall Wellness Team: providing health and wellness information and counseling for incarcerated youth.