Video Visits (Telemedicine)
Rady Children’s is committed to safely meeting the health care needs of all children in our community and protecting everyone from exposure to COVID-19. In addition to select on-site visits, we are now offering video (telemedicine) visits from your computer or mobile device. Telemedicine visits are convenient, effective, safe and available for many of the services we offer. For more information, please contact us. Learn more.
The Division of Cardiology, part of the Heart Institute, provides comprehensive cardiac services and specialized care for infants, children and adolescents, as well as for some adult patients, with a history of congenital and acquired heart disease. Expert care is provided by the highly skilled and experienced cardiologists of Rady Children’s Specialists of San Diego.
Along with the Cardiovascular Surgery division, our program is a major referral center for Imperial, Riverside and Orange counties, as well as for Hawaii, New Mexico, Mexico, and the Pacific Rim islands. We not only strive to provide the highest quality care for infants, children and adults born with congenital heart defects, but to advance the current knowledge and understanding of cardiovascular disease.
Our new cardiac catheterization laboratory is state-of-the-art, enabling our doctors to perform procedures with less radiation and better visualization of the anatomy.
We also have a Cardio-Thoracic ICU (CTICU), which brings a new level of care for cardiac and cardiovascular surgery patients requiring specialized services.
The Division has an active research program as well, along with an ACGME-accredited fellowship in conjunction with the University of California, San Diego.
- First in world to perform a nonsurgical, catheter-only procedure in patient with single-ventricle congenital heart disease.
- First in San Diego to have a 3-D Heart Modeling Program.
- Has the only two ABIM-certified adult congenital heart disease specialists in San Diego, Imperial and Riverside counties. Learn more.
- One of the largest pediatric programs in the country for Kawasaki disease.
- One of the first pediatric centers in the country to participate in the Melody® Transcatheter Pulmonary Valve program, enabling patients to undergo minimally invasive heart valve replacement instead of open-heart surgery.
- Outcomes among the best in the nation for catheter ablation of arrhythmias.
- Named a California Children’s Services (CCS)-designated Center of Excellence, based on meeting strict quality outcomes criteria
Video: Dr. John Moore discusses our top-ranked Cardiology program
In the News
- Researchers Receive $3.1M to Study Heart Condition, nbcsandiego.com, features James Perry, M.D.
- Raising Awareness for Kids Heart Health, kusi.com, features Jessica Haley, M.D.
- Why the Experts Say Acer is Unlikely to Get FDA Nod for vEDS Drug, Pharmaceutical Technology, features Paul Grossfeld, M.D.
- San Diego Woman Shares Her Heart Disease Journey On ‘Go Red For Women’ Day, features Howaida El-Said, M.D., Ph.D.
- Metal Weaving Devices to Repair Heart Defects in Bolivia, Devdiscourse, features John Moore, M.D., M.P.H.
- Rady Children’s Hospital Hosts Annual Heart Party, kusi.com, features Rady Children’s patients and doctors
- Now You Can Really Hold Your Heart in Your Hands, cbs8.com, features Christopher Davis, M.D., Ph.D., Sanjeet Hegde, M.D., Ph.D., John Nigro, M.D.
- A Nonsurgical Procedure for Single-Ventricle Congenital Heart Disease?, MedPage Today, features Kanishka Ratnayaka, M.D.
- Tiny Hearts Fuel Carmel Valley Doctor’s Huge Compassion, Del Mar Times, features Paul Grossfeld, M.D.
- New UC San Diego Technology Accelerator Selects Five Teams for Its Inaugural Cohort, UC San Diego, features Sanjeet Hegde, M.D.
- First Child to Live on External Artificial Heart in San Diego History Leaves Hospital, 10news.
- Mouse Model Yields Possible Treatment for Autism-Like Symptoms in Rare Disease, UC San Diego Health, features Paul Grossfeld, M.D.
- Carmel Valley Doctor Heals Hearts at Home and Abroad, Del Mar Times, features Paul Grossfeld, M.D.
- Rady Children’s Hospital First to Use 3D Heart Printing in San Diego, fox5sandiego,com., features Sanjeet Hegde, M.D.
- TAMC, Partners Join to Heal Hearts, Hawaii Army Weekly, features John Moore, M.D., M.P.H.
- Baby Makes History With Heart Transplant, Fox 5 San Diego
- 2 Twins, 2 Hearts in Two Months, U-T San Diego
- Rady Site of Second Pediatric Heart Transplant, SD News
- Child Heart Transplant a San Diego First, U-T San Diego
- 11-Year-Old Heart Transplant Patient, 1st in San Diego, Goes Home, Times of San Diego
- Rady Children’s Doctors Perform Hospital’s First Pediatric Heart Transplant, Transplant Families
- 11-Year-Old Boy Undergoes First SD Pediatric Heart Transplant, SD News
- Five Common Congenital Heart Defects, Parents Magazine, features Heather Sun, M.D.
- How to Keep Kids’ Hearts Healthy, SanDiego6.com
- Top Docs 2014: New Hearts for the Tiniest Patients, San Diego Magazine
Forms for Your Child’s Appointment