Research and Clinical Trials
Along with our research alliance with the UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center and St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Rady Children’s is a part of several collaborative clinical trials groups focusing on pediatric brain and spinal cord tumors. These are the Children’s Oncology Group, the Neuroblastoma and Medulloblastoma Translational Research Consortium and the Pacific Pediatric Neuro-Oncology Consortium.
Below is a list of open clinical trials. Please check the website often for new and closed studies.
- A Phase 1/1b, Open Label, Dose-Escalation and Expansion Study of Entrectinib (RXDX-101) in Children and Adolescents with Recurrent or Refractory Solid Tumors and Primary CNS Tumors, with or without TRK, ROS1, or ALK Fusions
- A National Phase I Study of Cabozantinib in Combination with 13-cis-Retinoic Acid in Children with Relapsed or Refractory Solid Tumors
- ADVL1622 – Phase 2 Trial of XL184 (Cabozantinib) an Oral Small-Molecule Inhibitor of Multiple Kinases, in Children and Young Adults with Refractory Sarcomas, Wilms Tumor, and Other Rare Tumors
- ALTE03N1 – Key Adverse Events after Childhood Cancer
- ALTE05N1 – Umbrella Long-term Follow-up Protocol
- ALTE07C1 – Neuropsychological, Social, Emotional and Behavioral Outcomes in Children with Cancer
- APEC14B1 – The Project: Every Child Protocol: A Registry, Eligibility Screening, Biology and Outcome Study
- APEC1621SC – NCI-COG Pediatric MATCH (Molecular Analysis for Therapy Choice) Screening Protocol
- LGG 14C03 — A Phase III Study Comparing Two Carboplatin Containing Regimens for Children and Young Adults with Previously Untreated Low-Grade Glioma
- Developing Evidence-Based Criteria for Initiating Treatment for Neurofibromatosis Type 1-Associated Optic Pathway Glioma
- PNOC 007 – H3.3K27M Specific Peptide Vaccine Combined with poly-ICLC for the Treatment of newly diagnosed HLA-A2+ H3.3K27M Positive Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma (DIPG) as well as other newly diagnosed HLA-A2+ H3.3K27M Positive Gliomas
- PNOC 013 – A Safety and Pharmacokinetic Study of Single Agent REGN2810 in Pediatric Patients with Relapsed or Refractory Solid or Central Nervous System (CNS) Tumors and a Safety and Efficacy Trial of REGN2810 in Combination with Radiotherapy in Pediatric Patients with Newly Diagnosed Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma, Newly Diagnosed High-Grade Glioma, or Recurrent High-Grade Glioma
- PNOC 016 – A Target Validation Study of Fimepinostat in Children and Young Adults with Newly Diagnosed Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma (DIPG), Recurrent Medulloblastoma, or Recurrent High-Grade Glioma (HGG)
- SJATRT – Phase 2 Study of Alisertib as a Single Agent in Recurrent or Progressive Central Nervous System (CNS) Atypical Teratoid Rhabdoid Tumors (AT/RT) and Extra-CNS Malignant Rhabdoid Tumors (MRT) and in Combination Therapy in Newly Diagnosed AT/RT
- SJBM12 – A Clinical and Molecular Risk-Directed Therapy for Newly Diagnosed Medulloblastoma
For a complete listing of open clinical trials that are available nationwide, visit clinicaltrials.gov.