Caring for Our Region’s Children
Rady Children’s Hospital-San Diego is the region’s pediatric medical center serving San Diego, Imperial, and southern Riverside counties.
- The largest children’s hospital in California (based on admissions)
- The sixth largest children’s hospital in the country
- The only hospital in the San Diego area dedicated exclusively to pediatric healthcare
- The region’s only designated pediatric trauma center
- Provider of care to 88 percent of the region’s children
- Provider of care to more than 192,000 children (in fiscal year 2013)
Our outstanding team includes nearly 700 physicians and more than 1,000 nurses, nearly 4,000 employees, 450 active volunteers, and more than 1,200 Auxiliary members.
To restore, sustain and enhance the health and developmental potential of children through excellence in care, education, research and advocacy
We will be a leader, recognized nationally and internationally, for excellence in patient care, education, research and advocacy.
Training the Best and Brightest
Rady Children’s, in partnership with University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, is also the region’s teaching hospital for the next generation of pediatric physicians. Each year, we train more than 300 residents, 200 medical students and 100 fellows.
Discovering Treatments and Cures
Additionally, Rady Children’s is a major pediatric clinical research center, with nearly 200 clinical trials and more than 260 other research projects underway. We collaborate with world-class institutions, including UC San Diego, the Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute, The Scripps Research Institute, the Salk Institute for Biological Studies, and St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Achieving National Recognition
We are nationally recognized for medical excellence. Rady Children’s is ranked in all 10 pediatric specialties surveyed byU.S. News & World Report.