On Sept. 16, 2019, California Governor Gavin Newsom signed an executive order to confront the growing youth epidemic and health risks linked to vaping. The order calls for the launch of a $20 million public awareness campaign. Learn more at https://www.flavorshookkids.org.
If your child is already affected and needs help with quitting, there is a free mobile program from Truth Initiative designed to help young people. Visit https://truthinitiative.org/thisisquitting.
- Outbreak of Lung Injury Associated with the Use of E-Cigarette, or Vaping, Products (CDC)
- Vaping: Know the Dangers
- California Department of Public Health Health Advisory for Health Care Professionals Vaping Associated Pulmonary Injury (VAPI) (10/1/19)
- California Department of Public Health Issues Public Health Advisory Urging Everyone to Refrain from Vaping (9/24/19)
- E-Cigarettes Shaped Like USB Flash Drives
- Dr. John Bradley on the E. coli infections linked to the San Diego County Fair (7/2/19)
- E. coli 0157 Frequently Asked Questions (7/1/19)