Healthychildren.org (American Academy of Pediatrics)
- The Opioid Epidemic: How to Protect Your Family
- Is Your Child Vulnerable to Substance Abuse?
- Drug Abuse Prevention Starts with Parents
- Home Drug Testing: Information for Parents
- Prescription Pain Medicine & Heroin: The Link Parents Need to Know
- ADHD and Substance Abuse: The Link Parents Need to Know
- AAP Policy Statement: Substance Use Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment for Pediatricians
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Department of Health and Human Services
- About the Epidemic: The U.S. Opioid Epidemic
- Help, Resources and Information: National Opioids Crisis
Fentanyl Can Be Found in All Illicit Drugs:
Drug Rehab Options
California’s 911 Good Samaritan Law provides limited protection from arrest, charge and prosecution for people who seek emergency medical assistance at the scene of a suspected drug overdose. For emergencies, call 911.