First of its Kind in Southern California
Welcome to the 3D Innovations Lab (3DI Lab) at Rady Children’s Hospital-San Diego.
The 3DI Lab will create 3D models and prints based on medical images, such as CT scans and MRIs. The goals are to support precise surgical planning and improve outcomes specifically for pediatric patients.
Additionally, the lab will:
- Train current and future physicians and scientists
- Develop educational resources for patients and families
- Fuel further innovation in the 3D modeling space
In the News
- 3D Printing: A New Way to See Biology, Healthy Kids, features Justin Ryan, Ph.D., Sanjeet Hegde, M.D., Ph.D., Salil Upasani, M.D.
- 3D Printing Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, MedtechDive, features Justin Ryan, Ph.D.
- Now You Can Really Hold Your Heart in Your Hands, cbs8.com, features Christopher Davis, M.D., Ph.D., Sanjeet Hegde, M.D., Ph.D., and John Nigro, M.D.
- Rady Children’s Hospital First to Use 3D Heart Printing in San Diego, fox5sandiego.com, features Sanjeet Hegde, M.D., Ph.D.