Video Visits (Telemedicine)
Rady Children’s is committed to safely meeting the health care needs of all youth in our community and protecting everyone from exposure to COVID-19. In addition to select on-site visits, we are now offering video (telemedicine) visits from your computer or mobile device. Telemedicine visits are convenient, effective, safe and available for many of the services we offer. For more information, please contact us. Learn more.
Our Mission: To provide compassionate, developmentally appropriate, culturally aware and trauma-informed care to young people from all backgrounds
Adolescent and young adult medicine is a medical subspecialty exclusively focused on meeting the unique physical, cognitive and socioemotional needs of adolescents and young adults. Adolescence and young adulthood are periods of rapid growth, development and discovery. But physical and mental health disorders that begin in adolescence can lead to chronic health problems in adulthood if they are not adequately addressed.
Our Adolescent and Young Adult Clinic is a referral-only program providing services to this age group up to 26 years old, with physicians who are board certified/board eligible in the specialty of adolescent medicine. We are highly skilled in identifying, assessing and providing medical management of complex conditions.
Our services include:
- Treatment of painful, heavy, irregular or otherwise distressing menstrual periods and menstrual-related health concerns
- Contraception management, including placement of long-acting reversible contraceptives (intrauterine devices and subdermal implants) and contraceptive counseling for youth with underlying health conditions
- Pap smears and trauma-informed pelvic examinations
- Diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted infections
- Medical management of eating disorders and nutritional problems, including being overweight
- Acne treatment
- Options counseling for pregnant and parenting youth
- Diagnosis of substance abuse disorders and referral to treatment
- Transitional support for youth with chronic health conditions
- Gender-affirming medical care for gender-diverse youth, including pubertal blockers and hormone replacement
- Medication management for major depressive disorder, anxiety disorders and ADHD/ADD
David Inwards-Breland, M.D., M.P.H., F.A.A.P., Division Chief; Clinical Professor, UC San Diego
Maya Kumar, M.D., F.A.A.P., F.R.C.P.C., Assistant Clinical Professor, UC San Diego; Adolescent Medicine Medical Education Liaison, UC San Diego; Adolescent Medicine Rotation Site Coordinator, Pediatric Residency Program, UC San Diego
Kanani Titchen, M.D., F.A.A.P., Assistant Clinical Professor, UC San Diego; Director, Adolescent Reproductive Medicine Clinic; Adolescent Medicine Education Liaison, UC San Diego School of Medicine; Director, San Diego Collaborative Human Trafficking Medical Professional Rotation (UCSD-USD)
Kyung (Kay) Rhee, M.D., M.Sc., M.A., Adolescent Medicine Specialist; Medical Director, Medical Behavioral Unit; Hospitalist
Video: Meet Dr. Rhee
Dr. Kay Rhee is among the doctors recently nominated by her peers and selected by Rady Children’s Doctor Wellness Committee for a Cheers for Peers award.