Peckham Center for Cancer & Blood Disorders
A cancer diagnosis can be devastating and change a child’s and family’s life in an instant. Here at the Peckham Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders, we offer a full range of clinical services, as well as psychosocial programs and resources, to help patients and their families – from diagnosis through treatment and beyond.
Comprehensive, compassionate care is provided by the Hematology/Oncology Division of Rady Children’s Specialists of San Diego. Along with providing specialized cancer treatment and hematology services to children in San Diego, Imperial and southern Riverside counties, we provide select services to children in northern Mexico, the Pacific Islands and southern Orange County.
The entire Peckham Center, including the Viterbi Outpatient Clinic, is housed at our incredible Acute Care Pavilion. There are 38 private rooms and advanced high efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filtration, helping to reduce the risk of infection. And just steps away, you’ll find Carley’s Magical Garden, a whimsical, interactive place where kids can escape the world of medicine.
Through research in the lab and at the bedside, we evaluate the most promising treatments, with the hope of discovering cures. As a leading teaching program, we train the best and brightest future physicians.
- Awarded five star excellence award for inpatient hematology/oncology care by Professional Research Consultants Inc. in 2018.
- Certified to provide the first Food and Drug Administration-approved CAR T-cell therapy. Learn more.
- Largest pediatric cancer care program serving San Diego, Riverside and Imperial counties.
- Only pediatric blood and bone marrow transplant program serving San Diego and Imperial counties.
- Research alliance with St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital and UC San Diego. Through the alliance with UC San Diego, we are part of a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- Partnership with California Protons to offer proton therapy — a highly advanced and precise radiation therapy — to pediatric and young adult patients.
Video: Learn about our top-ranked Cancer & Blood Disorders program
In the News
- Rady Children’s Car-T Cell Therapy Offers Hope for Cancer Patients, cbs8.com, features Deborah Schiff, M.D., and William Roberts, M.D.
- Making a Difference: Bryanna’s Story Is Bringing Back Sickle Cell Awareness, MacaroniKid, features Jenny Kim, M.D.
- Padres’ Wil Myers Visits Kids at Rady Children’s Hospital, fox5sandiego.com
- San Diego Hyundai Dealers Donate $50,000 to Rady Children’s Hospital, The San Diego Union-Tribune
- Myer Turchin Doesn’t Let Cancer Slow Him Down at Rady Children’s Hospital, Baseball America, features patient Myer Turchin.
- UC San Diego and Rady Scientists Identify New Target for Treating Lung Fibrosis, features Donald Durden, M.D., Ph.D.
- Hyundai Hope On Wheels Presents Rady Children’s Hospital with $50,000 Hyundai Impact Award to Support Pediatric Cancer Services, PRNewswire, features Jeanie Spies, N.P., program coordinator of Integrative Medicine Services
- New Treatment Plan Leads to Better Pain Control for Acute Sickle Cell Crisis, Practical Pain Management, features Jennifer Yu, M.D.
- Knights Hold Event to Raise Awareness for Pediatric Cancer, The San Diego Union-Tribune, features patient Ryan Melendez.
- Your Corner: Volunteer, 88, Turned Personal Pain into Helping Others, nbcsandiego.com (video)
- Potential New Anti-Cancer Drug Class Inhibits Multiple Molecular Targets, Bioscience Technology, features Donald Durden, M.D., Ph.D.
- Potential New Drug Class Hits Multiple Cancer Cell Targets, Boosting Efficacy and Safety, EurekAlert, features Donald Durden, M.D., Ph.D. (press release)
- Cancer Survivors to Begin Ringing in Their Victories at Rady Children’s, The San Diego Union-Tribune
- 6-Year Old First to Ring ‘Symbol of Triumph’ at Rady Children’s, The San Diego Union-Tribune, features patient Eliana Feliciano.
- Octapharma Announces Two Hemophilia A Trials to Utilize WILATE ®, Business Wire, features Courtney Thornburg, M.D. (press release)
- One Doctor’s Quest to Help Hispanics Fight Childhood Cancer, Forbes, features Paula Aristizabal, M.D., M.A.S.
- Hyundai Hope On Wheels Awards $150K Research Grant to Rady Children’s, fox5sandiego.com
- New Gift Broadens Reach of Rady’s Genetics Institute, The San Diego Union-Tribune, features John Crawford, M.D., M.S.
Support Our Program
One hundred percent of your tax-deductible gift benefits Rady Children’s. To make a donation, click here.