The Rady Children’s Hospital-San Diego/UC San Diego School of Medicine Hematology/Oncology Fellowship Program, under the direction of Sun Choo, M.D., and Jennifer Yu, M.D., strives to educate future leaders in the field of pediatric hematology/oncology. Based at Rady Children’s, the program provides state-of-the-art clinical and research training in pediatric hematology/oncology and stem cell transplantation.
Fellows spend the first year at the Peckham Center for Cancer & Blood Disorders, housed in Rady Children’s modern and child-friendly Acute Care Pavilion. Our large and diverse patient population brings a wealth of clinical experience across the spectrum of our field. The second and third years are largely devoted to basic science, translational or clinical research.
The UC San Diego system provides a wide range of research opportunities in multiple settings. Fellows continue to manage their primary patients in a weekly clinic throughout their second and third years.
Our fellows develop the skills and knowledge necessary to be successful in their careers in pediatric hematology/oncology. Regardless of whether your goals are to be a clinician-educator or a clinical investigator, a cancer epidemiologist or a laboratory-based basic scientist, a hematologist, an oncologist, or a hematopoietic stem cell transplant physician, we believe that being part of our fellowship can help you become the best pediatric hematologist/oncologist you can be.
- For information on the clinical experience, click here.
- For information on research opportunities, click here.
- For information on our alumni, click here.
- For how to apply to our fellowship program, click here.
- For information on our Hemostasis and Thrombosis Fellowship, click here.
- For information on our Neuro-Oncology Fellowship, click here.
- To learn about our Division faculty, click here.
Please read the Terms and Conditions of appointment for trainees.