Telemedicine: We are available for second opinions regarding your child’s proton therapy treatment option/plan.
Rady Children’s Proton Therapy Program for Pediatric Patients
Rady Children’s, in partnership with California Protons, offers proton therapy and treatment options for children for pediatric cancers and non-cancerous tumors. We are the only program in California providing the most advanced pencil-beam scanning proton therapy for pediatric patients with brain, solid tumors, and lymphomas.
See the tumors and pediatric cancers treated here.
Our board-certified pediatric radiation oncology team includes Iain MacEwan M.D., Parag Sanghvi M.D., and Andrew Chang M.D. Pediatric proton therapy patients, both here in San Diego and referred from out of the area, are followed by our Proton Pediatric Oncology team headed by Jennifer Elster, M.D., during their proton therapy treatment.
In addition, our pediatric proton therapy patient care team that help with pediatric cancer and non-cancerous tumors include certified pediatric oncology nurses, radiation therapists, medical dosimetrists, medical physicists and pediatric anesthesiologists.
Video: Young gymnast overcomes brain tumor
In the News
- Proton Beam Therapy Reduces Toxicity in Treatment of Pediatric Medulloblastoma
- Better Intellectual Outcomes After Proton Beam for Brain Cancer
- Proton therapy for cancer lowers risk of side effects
- Proton Therapy in Hodgkin Lymphoma Yields Favorable Acute Toxicity Profile
- Proton therapy lowers treatment side effects in pediatric head and neck cancer patients
- Strangers Send Words of Encouragement to Siblings Fighting Brain Cancer, 10news.com, features Rady Children’s patients
- California Protons Is Now Affiliated With UC San Diego Health Cancer Network, Business Wire, features Andrew Chang, M.D.
- California Proton Therapy Center, LLC Re-Launches California Protons, PR Newswire, features Andrew Chang, M.D.
- Scripps and Proton Center Part Ways, The San Diego Union-Tribune, features patient Natalie Wright
- Proton Therapy, Whales Give Holstein Girl Hope, Hastings Tribune, features Andrew Chang, M.D., and patient Izabella Voelker.
- Progress in Fighting Childhood Brain Tumors, kusi.com, features Andrew Chang, M.D.
- 12-Year-Old Finishes Proton Treatment for Rare Brain Tumor, nbcsandiego.com
- Courage Through Cancer: The San Diego Union-Tribune
- New Survey Shows 36% Increase in Pediatric Patients Treated with Proton Therapy, Medical Xpress, features Andrew Chang, M.D.
- Phoenix Mayo Clinic Proton Therapy Center to Open in March, The Republic, features Andrew Chang, M.D.
- Scripps Reports Results at First All-Pencil-Beam Proton Center in US, Medical Xpress,
- Strong Willed, U-T San Diego
- Proton Therapy Offers Beam of Hope, Sandiego6.com
- Proton Therapy is Final Step in Amazing Recovery, Virtualstrategymagazine.com
- 5-Year-Old Brain Cancer Patient to Start Kindergarten After Proton Therapy, Digitaljournal.com
- Teen Hopes Proton Therapy Puts an End to Her Tumor, U-T San Diego