Rady Children’s, in partnership with California Protons, offers proton therapy for pediatric cancers and non-cancerous tumors. We are the only program in California providing the most advanced proton therapy for pediatric brain and central nervous system tumors.
Pediatric radiation oncologists Andrew L. Chang, M.D., department chief of pediatric cancers at California Protons, and pediatric radiation oncologist Iain MacEwan, M.D., work with a team that includes certified pediatric oncology nurses, radiation therapists, medical dosimetrists, medical physicists and pediatric anesthesiologists.
Pediatric patients, both here in San Diego and referred from out of the area, are followed by our Neuro-Oncology team during their treatment. The 102,000-square-foot California Protons Cancer Therapy Center has the capacity to treat approximately 2,400 pediatric and adult patients annually.
To find out if proton therapy is right for your child, fill out this form or call 858-966-1700 ext. 248063 .
Video: Young gymnast overcomes brain tumor
In the News
- Strangers Send Words of Encouragement to Siblings Fighting Brain Cancer, 10news.com, features Rady Children’s patients
- California Protons Is Now Affiliated With UC San Diego Health Cancer Network, Business Wire, features Andrew Chang, M.D.
- California Proton Therapy Center, LLC Re-Launches California Protons, PR Newswire, features Andrew Chang, M.D.
- Scripps and Proton Center Part Ways, The San Diego Union-Tribune, features patient Natalie Wright
- Proton Therapy, Whales Give Holstein Girl Hope, Hastings Tribune, features Andrew Chang, M.D., and patient Izabella Voelker.
- Progress in Fighting Childhood Brain Tumors, kusi.com, features Andrew Chang, M.D.
- 12-Year-Old Finishes Proton Treatment for Rare Brain Tumor, nbcsandiego.com
- Courage Through Cancer: The San Diego Union-Tribune
- New Survey Shows 36% Increase in Pediatric Patients Treated with Proton Therapy, Medical Xpress, features Andrew Chang, M.D.
- Phoenix Mayo Clinic Proton Therapy Center to Open in March, The Republic, features Andrew Chang, M.D.
- Scripps Reports Results at First All-Pencil-Beam Proton Center in US, Medical Xpress,
- Strong Willed, U-T San Diego
- Proton Therapy Offers Beam of Hope, Sandiego6.com
- Proton Therapy is Final Step in Amazing Recovery, Virtualstrategymagazine.com
- 5-Year-Old Brain Cancer Patient to Start Kindergarten After Proton Therapy, Digitaljournal.com
- Teen Hopes Proton Therapy Puts an End to Her Tumor, U-T San Diego