The Division of Cardiology, part of the Heart Institute, provides comprehensive cardiac services and specialized care for infants, children and adolescents, as well as for some adult patients, with a history of congenital and acquired heart disease. Expert care is provided by the highly skilled and experienced cardiologists of Rady Children’s Specialists of San Diego.
Our new cardiac catheterization laboratory is state-of-the-art, enabling our doctors to perform procedures with less radiation and better visualization of the anatomy.
Along with the Cardiovascular Surgery Division, our program is a major referral center for Imperial, Riverside and Orange counties, as well as for Hawaii, New Mexico, Mexico, and the Pacific Rim islands. We not only strive to provide the highest quality care for infants, children and adults born with congenital heart defects, but to advance the current knowledge and understanding of cardiovascular disease.
Rady Children’s also has a new, state-of-the-art Acute Cardiac Unit. The unit brings a new level of care for cardiac and cardiovascular surgery patients requiring specialized services.
The Division has an active research program as well, along with an ACGME-accredited fellowship in conjunction with the University of California, San Diego.
- One of the largest pediatric programs in the country for Kawasaki disease.
- One of the first pediatric centers in the country to participate in the new Melody® Transcatheter Pulmonary Valve program, enabling patients to undergo minimally invasive heart valve replacement instead of open-heart surgery.
- Outcomes among the best in the nation for catheter ablation of arrhythmias.
- In a groundbreaking study, Paul Grossfeld, M.D., and researchers from Rady Children’s and UC San Diego discovered a new gene linked to congenital heart defects.
In the News
- How to Keep Kids’ Hearts Healthy, SanDiego6.com
- Top Docs 2014: New Hearts for the Tiniest Patients, San Diego Magazine
Support Our Program
One hundred percent of your tax-deductible gift benefits Rady Children’s. Be sure to select “Heart Institute” from the drop-down menu. Click here.