The Division of Cardiology, part of the Heart Institute, provides comprehensive cardiac services and specialized care for infants, children and adolescents, as well as for some adult patients, with a history of congenital and acquired heart disease. Expert care is provided by the highly skilled and experienced cardiologists of Rady Children’s Specialists of San Diego.
For six years, U.S. News & World Report has ranked our Cardiology program among the nation’s best in its “Best Children’s Hospital” edition.
Along with the Cardiovascular Surgery Division, our program is a major referral center for Imperial, Riverside and Orange counties, as well as for Hawaii, New Mexico, Mexico, and the Pacific Rim islands. We not only strive to provide the highest quality care for infants, children and adults born with congenital heart defects, but to advance the current knowledge and understanding of cardiovascular disease.
Our new cardiac catheterization laboratory is state-of-the-art, enabling our doctors to perform procedures with less radiation and better visualization of the anatomy.
We also have an Acute Cardiac Unit, which brings a new level of care for cardiac and cardiovascular surgery patients requiring specialized services.
The Division has an active research program as well, along with an ACGME-accredited fellowship in conjunction with the University of California, San Diego.
- First in San Diego to have a 3-D Heart Modeling Program.
- One of the largest pediatric programs in the country for Kawasaki disease.
- One of the first pediatric centers in the country to participate in the Melody® Transcatheter Pulmonary Valve program, enabling patients to undergo minimally invasive heart valve replacement instead of open-heart surgery.
- Outcomes among the best in the nation for catheter ablation of arrhythmias.
In the News
- TAMC, Partners Join to Heal Hearts, Hawaii Army Weekly, features John Lamberti, M.D., and John Moore, M.D., M.P.H.
- Baby Makes History With Heart Transplant, Fox 5 San Diego
- 2 Twins, 2 Hearts in Two Months, U-T San Diego
- Rady Site of Second Pediatric Heart Transplant, SD News
- Child Heart Transplant a San Diego First, U-T San Diego
- 11-Year-Old Heart Transplant Patient, 1st in San Diego, Goes Home, Times of San Diego
- Rady Children’s Doctors Perform Hospital’s First Pediatric Heart Transplant, Transplant Families
- 11-Year-Old Boy Undergoes First SD Pediatric Heart Transplant, SD News
- Five Common Congenital Heart Defects, Parents Magazine, features Heather Sun, M.D.
- How to Keep Kids’ Hearts Healthy, SanDiego6.com
- Top Docs 2014: New Hearts for the Tiniest Patients, San Diego Magazine
Support Our Program
One hundred percent of your tax-deductible gift benefits Rady Children’s. To make a donation, click here.