Research at Rady Children’s occurs in virtually all pediatric specialty areas. These include:
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Cancer and Blood Disorders
- Cardiology/Cardiovascular Surgery (through our Heart Institute)
- Center for Healthy Eating and Activity Research
- Endrocrinology and Diabetes
- Gastroenterology, Hepatology (liver disease) & Nutrition
- Kawasaki Disease
- Mothers Milk and Infant Health (see below)
- Pulmonary/Respiratory Medicine
The investigators come from a variety of backgrounds and include researchers from Rady Children’s Specialists of San Diego, the University of California, San Diego and Children’s Primary Care Medical Group.
Research also occurs within specialized research organizations on our campus, including the Child and Adolescent Services Research Center and Blair L. Sadler Center for Quality.
To find research for a particular specialty, click on the specialty in the Programs and Services list; then click on “Research and Clinical Trials” on the left navigation bar.
Research on Mothers Milk and Infant Health
Rady Children’s and the UC San Diego Clinical and Translational Research Institute (CTRI) are creating the first research-only breast milk biorepository in the region.
Established to support a wide range of research interests in maternal and infant health, the biorepository will include disease-specific and normal breast milk samples. Read more.