Active Clinical Trials
Our Division conducts more clinical trials than any pediatric dermatology program in the nation.
Rady Children’s Hospital-San Diego is conducting a research study of an investigational medication for moderate to severe acne.
- You are an adult or a child at least 9 years old with at least 20 red, irritated pimples combined with at least 20 whiteheads or blackheads and no more than two large, hard bumps on the face.
Qualified participants will receive all study medication and care at no cost. You may receive compensation for your time. Please call Ann Funk, R.N., at 858-576-1700, ext. 4295 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rady Children’s Hospital-San Diego’s Pediatric and Adolescent Dermatology group is studying the skin of girls with mild acne to see how it responds to a popular treatment.
Who can participate:
- Girls 7-12 years old
- Girls with six or more blackheads, whiteheads or pimples
- Girls who never used prescription acne treatment
- Girls who never used benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid acne treatments
- Girls who haven’t taken oral antibiotics in the past three months
Qualified participants will receive free study product and compensation for their time.
For more information, contact the Dermatology Research Office at 858-576, 1700, ext. 4295.
Study #1: Does your child suffer from chronic moderate to severe eczema or atopic dermatitis? Click here for study information.
Study #2: Do you have a teenager that suffers from eczema? Click here for study information.
Study #1: Does your child suffer with dry, red, itchy patches on his or her skin? Your child may have psoriasis.
The Pediatric and Adolescent Dermatology program at Rady Children’s Hospital-San Diego is conducting a trial to help treat this condition. This is an open-label study in which all participants receive an active oral study drug.
If your child is between 6 and 17 years of age and has moderate to severe plaque psoriasis, please call 858-576-1700, ext. 4295 or email email@example.com.
Qualified participants in this trial will receive compensation for time and travel.
Study #2: We are looking for adolescent volunteers to participate in a research study testing a new investigational topical drug.
If your child:
- Is 12 to 16 years, 11 months of age
- Has psoriasis on the scalp and body
- Is interested in taking part in a research study
Please contact Pediatric & Adolescent Dermatology at 858-576-1700, ext. 4295.
Study #3: “Does your child suffer from flaky, red, thick patches on his or her skin?” Click here for study information.
Do you or your child suffer from dry, thick, red patches?
If you said YES to any of these, it may be psoriasis. The Dermatology office at the University of California, San Diego and Rady Children’s Hospital-San Diego are conducting research studies to help study this condition.
Those who qualify will receive:
- Study-related medical evaluations.
- Possible reimbursement for time and travel.
Participants must be at least 2 months of age.
For more information please call 858-576-1700, ext 4295.
Psoriasis healthy controls:
The Dermatology Office at the University of California, San Diego and Rady Children’s Hospital-San Diego is conducting a research study on psoriasis. This study looks at the blood and skin sample(s) of people with psoriasis and healthy people (those without any known skin conditions). We are looking for healthy children and adolescents to match our psoriasis subjects. Participants in this study are asked to provide a small blood sample and a small skin biopsy sample.
You or your child should be:
- 17-18 years, male, Asian.
- 17-18 years, female, Asian.
- 10-12 years, male, Caucasian.
- 11-13 years, female, African-American.
- 17-18 years, male, African-American.
Compensation is provided for time and participation. For more information, please call 858-576-1700, ext. 4295.