NEW! We are currently providing video (telemedicine) visits for existing and new patients. Learn more.
Rady Children’s Developmental Evaluation Clinic (DEC) offers developmental evaluation and referral services for infants, preschoolers and school-age children.
The goals of our evaluations are to:
- Identify developmental, learning and social delays.
- Determine the significance of delays and behavior problems.
- Determine the need for further assessment/intervention.
- Recommend participation in educational or therapeutic programs.
- Link children and families to needed services.
- Provide comprehensive reports to parents and providers.
Our healthcare professionals are psychologists and neuropsychologists. A psychologist has a doctoral in psychology (Ph.D. or Psy.D.) and a California state license. A neuropsychologist has a Ph.D. in psychology, a California state license and specialized training and experience in neuropsychological assessment.
If you would like to make an appointment for our developmental evaluation services, please call 858-966-5817.
Please click on the links on the left to learn more.