Innovative and collaborative care for every child, every family, every day
Rady Children’s Health Services Developmental and Behavioral Services offers programs that identify, evaluate and treat children with developmental delays, disabilities and injuries.
Specifically, we provide educational services, such as behavioral and developmental classes in the fields of occupational therapy, physical therapy, and speech and language therapy for children, as well as consultation services in these fields.
Through intervention and treatment, the Developmental Services teams work to prevent secondary behavioral and developmental problems, helping children to reach their full developmental and functional potential.
To learn more about our programs and services, click on the links below.
Programs and Services
- Alexa’s PLAYC (in San Diego and Murrieta)
- Audiology (Hearing)
- Autism Discovery Institute
- Children’s Care Connection (C3)
- Developmental Evaluation Clinic (DEC)
- Developmental Screening & Enhancement Program (DSEP)
- Down Syndrome Center
- Feeding Team
- Healthy Development Services (HDS)
- High-Risk Infant Follow-Up Clinic
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Speech-Language Pathology
- Administration: 858-966-7715
- Alexa’s PLAYC: 858-966-8555
- Audiology: 858-966-8100
- Autism Discovery Institute: 858-966-8100
- Children’s Care Connection (C3): 877-8C3-KIDS
- Developmental Evaluation Clinic: 858-966-8100
- Developmental Screening & Enhancement Program: 858-966-7874
- Down Syndrome Center: 858-966-5840
- Feeding Team: 858-576-1700, ext. 5522
- Healthy Development Services: 858-966-7510
- High-Risk Infant Follow-Up Clinic: 858-966-8801
- KidSTART: 858-966-5990
- Occupational Therapy: 858-966-8100
- Physical Therapy: 858-966-8100
- Speech-Language Pathology: 858-966-8100
If you would like to learn more about child development, child behavior and parenting strategies, please visit www.howkidsdevelop.com, a website funded by First 5 Commission of San Diego.
For Referring Physicians
Appeals and Complaints
The Consumer Complaint Process is used when a Consumer, or his/her representative, believes that a regional center or regional center service provider has withheld a right that the Consumer is entitled to by law. The goal of this process is to provide a thorough resolution when a rights infringement has occurred, while working to prevent similar occurrences in the future. To learn about this process, visit https://www.dds.ca.gov/Complaints/Complt_CR.cfm or call 916-651-6309.
Note: The Consumer Complaint Process is not used to resolve disputes regarding the scope, amount, or rates of services/supports in the Individual Program Plan (IPP). Such disputes are resolved via Fair Hearings.
Support Our Program
One hundred percent of your tax-deductible gift benefits Rady Children’s. To make a donation, click here.