Video Visits (Telemedicine)
Rady Children’s Developmental Services is committed to safely meeting the health care needs of all children in our community and protecting everyone from exposure to COVID-19. In addition to select on-site visits, we are now offering video (telemedicine) visits from your computer or mobile device.
Video visits are available for therapy services and select evaluations in speech, most occupational and physical therapy sessions, the Developmental Evaluation Clinic, the Autism Discovery Institute, Alexa’s PLAYC, KidStart, Children’s Care Connection (C3) and more.
In order to participate in telemedicine, activation of a MyChart account and the downloading of the Zoom application are required.
To sign up for MyChart, call 858-966-5999; option 7.
For instructions on scheduling a video visit, please see these tip sheets:
- Telemedicine visit from computer: English | Spanish
- Telemedicine visit from mobile device: English | Spanish
For more information on setting up a telemedicine visit, please call the number for the desired program/service listed under the Contact Us section below.
In this time of COVID-19, we are all concerned about staying healthy. For appointments that are conducted in person, Rady Children’s is taking every precaution to ensure your visit is as safe as possible. For all visitors, including staff, we are:
- Checking temperatures before allowing entry to our facilities
- Assessing health and potential exposures
- Requiring face coverings
In addition, we are thoroughly disinfecting all surfaces after every visit.
There are a limited number of patients coming to our centers, and most appointments are one on one, often in a private room or in an area of a gym without others nearby.
When possible, we are transitioning patients to telemedicine follow-up appointments.
Please take comfort in knowing that all of our Rady Children’s locations are safe to visit! We are committed to your families’ continued health, safety and well-being.
Innovative and collaborative care for every child, every family, every day
Rady Children’s Health Services Developmental and Behavioral Services offers programs that identify, evaluate and treat children with developmental delays, disabilities and injuries.
Specifically, we provide educational services, such as behavioral and developmental classes in the fields of occupational therapy, physical therapy, and speech and language therapy for children, as well as consultation services in these fields.
Through intervention and treatment, the Developmental Services teams work to prevent secondary behavioral and developmental problems, helping children to reach their full developmental and functional potential.
To learn more about our programs and services, click on the links below.
Programs and Services
- Alexa’s PLAYC (in San Diego and Murrieta)
- Audiology (Hearing)
- Autism Discovery Institute
- Children’s Care Connection (C3)
- Developmental Evaluation Clinic (DEC)
- Developmental Screening & Enhancement Program (DSEP)
- Down Syndrome Center
- Feeding Team
- Healthy Development Services (HDS)
- High-Risk Infant Follow-Up Clinic
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Speech-Language Pathology
- Administration: 858-966-7715
- Alexa’s PLAYC San Diego: 858-966-8555
- Alexa’s PLAYC Murrieta: 858-966-8797
- Audiology: 858-966-8100
- Autism Discovery Institute: 858-966-7453
- Children’s Care Connection (C3): 877-8C3-KIDS
- Developmental Evaluation Clinic: 858-966-5817
- Developmental Screening & Enhancement Program: 858-966-7874
- Down Syndrome Center: 858-966-5840
- Feeding Team: 858-576-1700, ext. 225522
- Healthy Development Services: 858-966-7510
- High-Risk Infant Follow-Up Clinic: 858-966-8801
- KidSTART: 858-966-5990
- Occupational Therapy: 858-966-8100
- Physical Therapy: 858-966-8100
- Speech-Language Pathology: 858-966-8100
If you would like to learn more about child development, child behavior and parenting strategies, please visit www.howkidsdevelop.com, a website funded by First 5 Commission of San Diego.
For Referring Physicians
Appeals and Complaints
The Consumer Complaint Process is used when a Consumer, or his/her representative, believes that a regional center or regional center service provider has withheld a right that the Consumer is entitled to by law. The goal of this process is to provide a thorough resolution when a rights infringement has occurred, while working to prevent similar occurrences in the future. To learn about this process, visit www.dds.ca.gov/Complaints/Complt_CR.cfm or call 916-651-6309.
Note: The Consumer Complaint Process is not used to resolve disputes regarding the scope, amount, or rates of services/supports in the Individual Program Plan (IPP). Such disputes are resolved via Fair Hearings.
Support Our Program
One hundred percent of your tax-deductible gift benefits Rady Children’s. To make a donation, click here.