Dickinson Image-Guided Intervention Center
Acute Care Pavilion, Lower Level, Room LL262
3010 Children’s Way, San Diego, CA 92123
Hours: Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.–9 p.m.
Saturday-Sunday, 7 a.m.–3 p.m.
After-hours service available as scheduled by physicians and on an emergent basis.
Cath Lab 1: Room LL263
Cath Lab 2: Room LL261
Hours: 7 a.m.-5 p.m.
First Pediatric Image-Guided Intervention Center
The Dickinson Image-Guided Intervention Center is the nation’s first image-guided intervention center for children. It will not only transform the way children are cared for with with heart disease, but will advance pediatric care for conditions such as lung, airway and brain problems.
The center houses novel real-time magnetic resonance imaging technology, which will benefit patients by producing clearer pictures and offering minimal or no harmful radiation exposure. It will revolutionize how catheterization procedures are performed and means fewer invasive surgeries and procedures for children, less strain on their small bodies and greater peace of mind for patients and their families. Faster, better cardiac MRI also offers the prospect of sedation-free studies without anesthesia. Brand-new procedures will even be possible.
Kanishka Ratnayaka, M.D., who was recruited to Rady Children’s Hospital-San Diego to reimagine the way the Hospital delivers interventional cardiac care, has worked closely with the device company on developing this state-of-the-art technology. He has spent more than a decade working on real-time cardiac magnetic resonance imaging, an alternative to X-ray fluoroscopy.
Kendall O’Brien, ARRT
Justin Ryan, Ph.D.
- Radiation-free MRI Cardiac Catheterization
- Sedation-free Cardiac MRI
- Transcatheter Electrosurgery
- Transcatheter Cavopulmonary Anastomosis
- Leadless Transcatheter Pacemaker Implantation
- Complex Airway Intervention/Bronchial Stenting
- Fetal Cardiac MRI
- Exercise Cardiac MRI
- 4D Flow MRI
- Novel Transcatheter Device Innovation
- Transcatheter Valve Implantation
- Universal Patent Ductus Arteriosus Stenting
- Preterm Infant Patent Ductus Arteriosus Device Closure
- Helen and Will Webster Foundation 3D Innovations Lab