The fellows will be exposed to the full complement of procedures performed by pediatric otolaryngologists:
- Otologic surgery, including cochlear implantation, tympanomastoidectomy for cholesteatoma, tympanoplasty, myringoplasty, ossicular chain reconstruction, and BAHA.
- Facial plastic surgery, including rhinoplasty, septoplasty for nasal obstruction and nasal deformity, otoplasty, cleft palate repairs, and speech surgery for VPI including pharyngeal flap, sphincter pharyngoplasty, and furlow palatoplasty.
- Rhinologic surgery, including endoscopic sinus surgery for acute and chronic sinusitis and cystic fibrosis, resection of juvenile nasopharyngeal angiofibroma, choanal atresia repair, piriform aperture stenosis repair.
- Pediatric head and neck surgery, including thyroidectomy parotidectomy, congenital abnormalities including thyroglossal duct cyst excision and branchial cleft cyst excision, submandibular gland excision, ranula excision, lymph node excision for atypical TB, TB, and lymphoma, and maxillectomy and mandibulectomy for pediatric neoplasms.
- Laryngologic surgery, including respiratory papilloma experience, excision of congenital anomalies, supraglottoplasty for laryngomalacia, laryngeal cleft injection and repair.
- Bronchoesophagology, including airway and esophageal foreign body removal, direct laryngoscopy and bronchoscopy.
- Reconstructive airway surgery, including endoscopic airway repair, endoscopic airway dilatation, laryngeal tracheal reconstructions with anterior and posterior grafts, cricotracheal resections, and slide tracheoplasties.
- Pediatric sleep surgery, including sleep endoscopy, expansion sphincter pharyngoplasty, tongue base reduction, epiglottopexy, and UPPP.
- Pediatric skull base surgery, including transphenoidal pituitary resections, endoscopic encephalocele repair, endoscopic resection of sinonasal tumors, and CSF leak repairs.
- Routine procedures, including adenotonsillectomy and bilateral myringotomy and tube placement
- Vascular lesion surgery, including sclerotherapy and excision of lesions.