Rady Children’s Outpatient Pharmacy is a full-service pharmacy providing prescription services for children as well as adults. We have more trained pediatric specialty pharmacists on staff than any other hospital or pharmacy in San Diego County, offer competitive pricing, and accept most insurance plans.
Rady Children’s Hospital Pharmacy provides:
- Pediatric medication consultations for pediatric sub-specialties, including hematology/oncology, neonatology and pediatric critical care
- Drug monographs for prescriptions with simple directions
- A time-saving supply of common and hard-to-find pediatric medications available in the dosages needed by children
- A telephone reordering system for prescription renewal
- Liquid medication flavoring (42 flavors) through the use of FlavoRx, making it easier for kids to finish their entire prescription
- Assistance with home healthcare medication and other medical supply needs
Inpatient pharmacy services are available 24 hours a day for all pediatric patient care areas. A centralized pharmacy provides a spacious, well-equipped environment, including storage, compounding, computer order entry, dispensing, distribution and drug information resources.
Rady Children’s Hospital Pharmacy clinical services include:
- Decentralized clinical pharmacists assigned to NICU, PICU, Medical/Surgical, and Peckham Center (Hematology/Oncology)
- Pharmacokinetics service seven days a week
- Participation on physician rounds to aid in the assessment and monitoring of patient drug regimens
- Code blue and trauma response
- A research pharmacist to oversee all medication investigational studies
Home Infusion Pharmacy
Working together with your child’s physicians, specialized infusion and injectable medications are provided safely and cost-effectively based on the individual needs of each pediatric patient. We also partner with the Rady Children’s Hemophilia and Thrombosis Treatment Center.
Our services include:
- Intravenous anti-infective therapy
- Growth hormone, enzyme therapy and specialty injectable medications
- Anti-hemophilia factor products
- Intravenous hydration
- Immune therapies
- Enteral formula, supplies and feeding pumps
- Colony stimulating factors
- Total parenteral nutrition administration in the home
- Inotrope infusion
- Pharmacist consultation
As a special service, your child’s medications/therapies can be picked up at our offices, which are conveniently located close to the Hospital with plenty of parking. We also offer home delivery and delivery to your workplace. Click here for our location.