Video Visits (Telemedicine)
Rady Children’s is committed to safely meeting the health care needs of all children in our community and protecting everyone from exposure to COVID-19. In addition to select on-site visits, we are now offering video (telemedicine) visits from your computer or mobile device. Telemedicine visits are convenient, effective, safe and available for many of the services we offer. For more information, please contact us. Learn more.
The Rehabilitation Medicine Center provides inpatient rehabilitation services for children and adolescents who have a variety of physical and cognitive issues. Our physicians also oversee or are an integral part of various outpatient clinics in which rehabilitation medicine is a core component.
Inpatient services are provided for patients with a wide range of conditions or injuries, including post-traumatic head injuries, neurological disorders, spinal cord injuries, chronic pulmonary diseases, infectious diseases, cardiovascular disorders, brain tumors and acute disabilities. The goal of our program is to improve physical and cognitive function so that the child can return to his or her home, school and daily activities.
All patients are evaluated and treated by our interdisciplinary team, which includes a social worker, case manager, child life specialist, special education teacher, dietitian, registered nurse, and physical, occupational and speech therapists. The team meets daily to evaluate the ongoing needs of patients and their families, assuring that all physical, cognitive and social needs are met.
Outpatient services are provided for the conditions listed above at specialty clinics on the campus of Rady Children’s Hospital-San Diego.
Video: Dr. Andrew Skalsky discusses how our comprehensive program improves patients’ lives
In the News
- Ramona Teen Is on the “Rodeo to Recovery” with Her Horse, cbs8.com, features Phoebe Scott-Wyard, D.O.
- UCSD Students Restore Motion to Five-Year-Old Boy’s Arms, The San Diego Union-Tribune, features Andrew Skalsky, M.D.
- Smart Glove Could Help Measure Muscle Stiffness, GMA News Online, features Andrew Skalsky, M.D.
- New Glove Might Give Doctors a Way to Measure a Patient’s Muscle Strength, The San Diego Union-Tribune, features Andrew Skalsky, M.D.
- Concussion: Symptoms & Return to Play Protocol, cbs8.com, features Pritha Dalal, M.D.
- Boy Battling Flesh-eating Bacteria Close to Going Home, fox5sandiego.com, features Andrew Skalsky, M.D.
- Doctors Treat Brain Injuries Head-On, The San Diego Union-Tribune, features Andrew Skalsky, M.D.
- Teen Shares How Helmet Could’ve Prevented Brain Injury After Skateboarding Accident, fox5sandiego.com