Video Visits (Telemedicine)
Ready to receive care from the comfort of your own home? Our Rady Children’s Specialists now offer video visits (telemedicine) from your computer or mobile device. Your physician can address many of your medical issues, prescribe new medications and refill medications. Save time by skipping the traffic and waiting room while still receiving exceptional care from your medical team. Learn more.
Preparing for Your Upcoming Telemedicine or In-Person Visit
Time with your child’s health care team is important, and we have resources to help you make the most of your upcoming specialty appointment. Learn how to get ready.
The Rehabilitation Medicine Center provides inpatient rehabilitation services for children and adolescents who have a variety of physical and cognitive issues. Our physicians also oversee or are an integral part of various outpatient clinics in which rehabilitation medicine is a core component.
Inpatient services are provided for patients with a wide range of conditions or injuries, including post-traumatic head injuries, neurological disorders, spinal cord injuries, chronic pulmonary diseases, infectious diseases, cardiovascular disorders, brain tumors and acute disabilities. The goal of our program is to improve physical and cognitive function so that the child can return to his or her home, school and daily activities.
All patients are evaluated and treated by our interdisciplinary team, which includes a social worker, case manager, child life specialist, special education teacher, dietitian, registered nurse, and physical, occupational and speech therapists. The team meets daily to evaluate the ongoing needs of patients and their families, assuring that all physical, cognitive and social needs are met.
Outpatient services are provided for the conditions listed above at specialty clinics on the campus of Rady Children’s Hospital-San Diego.
Video: Dr. Andrew Skalsky discusses how our comprehensive program improves patients’ lives
In the News
- Ramona Teen Is on the “Rodeo to Recovery” with Her Horse, cbs8.com, features Phoebe Scott-Wyard, D.O.
- UCSD Students Restore Motion to Five-Year-Old Boy’s Arms, The San Diego Union-Tribune, features Andrew Skalsky, M.D.
- Smart Glove Could Help Measure Muscle Stiffness, GMA News Online, features Andrew Skalsky, M.D.
- New Glove Might Give Doctors a Way to Measure a Patient’s Muscle Strength, The San Diego Union-Tribune, features Andrew Skalsky, M.D.
- Concussion: Symptoms & Return to Play Protocol, cbs8.com, features Pritha Dalal, M.D.
- Boy Battling Flesh-eating Bacteria Close to Going Home, fox5sandiego.com, features Andrew Skalsky, M.D.
- Doctors Treat Brain Injuries Head-On, The San Diego Union-Tribune, features Andrew Skalsky, M.D.
- Teen Shares How Helmet Could’ve Prevented Brain Injury After Skateboarding Accident, fox5sandiego.com