Patient and Parent Education
We strive to educate patients and parents about surgical conditions, how to prepare for surgery and types of surgery.
Our Patient and Family Education Packet will help you talk to your child about their surgery.
Watch the video on pain management and click on the links below for doctor-reviewed articles.
Video: How to Handle Your Pain (En español)
- Cleft Lip and Palate
- Cochlear Implants
- Could That Lump Be a Hernia?
- Enlarged Adenoids
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Middle Ear Infections and Ear Tube Surgery
- Retinopathy of Prematurity
- Tonsils and Tonsillectomies
Preparing Your Child For Surgery
- Anesthesia – What to Expect
- Anesthesia Basics
- Preparing Your Child for Anesthesia
- Preparing Your Child for Surgery
Types of Surgery
- Stem Cell Transplants
- Tear-Duct Obstruction and Surgery
- What Is Elective Surgery?
- What Is Informed Consent?
- What Is “Minimally Invasive” Surgery?
- When Your Child Needs a Heart Transplant