Patient and Parent Education
We strive to educate patients and parents about surgical conditions, how to prepare for surgery and types of surgery.
Our Patient and Family Education Packet will help you talk to your child about their surgery.
Watch the video on pain management and click on the links below for doctor-reviewed articles.
Video: How to Handle Your Pain (En español)
- Cleft Lip and Palate
- Cochlear Implants
- Adenoids and Adenoidectomies
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Middle Ear Infections and Ear Tube Surgery
- Retinopathy of Prematurity
- Tonsils and Tonsillectomies
Preparing Your Child For Surgery
- Anesthesia – What to Expect
- Anesthesia Basics
- Preparing Your Child for Anesthesia
- Preparing Your Child for Surgery
Types of Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Stem Cell Transplants
- Tear-Duct Obstruction and Surgery
- What Is Elective Surgery?
- What Is Informed Consent?
- When Your Child Needs a Heart Transplant