The Warren Family Surgical Center (Inpatient Surgery) provides general and specialized surgical services for infants, children and adolescents.
Watch the video below to prepare your child for surgery.
More than 20,000 surgeries are performed each year using the most advanced techniques and equipment to achieve the best possible outcomes. Whenever possible, minimally invasive procedures are used to allow for smaller incisions and a faster recovery time.
The Outpatient Procedure Center provides various procedures as well as CT and MRI scans. Learn more and watch a video tour.
Video: WFSC Pre-Op Tour: Preparing your child for surgery
Vídeo: WFSC Recorrido de Pre-Operación: Preparando a su hijo para cirugía
- Our inpatient surgical care unit and outpatient surgical services received five star excellence awards in 2019 and 2018 from Professional Research Consultants Inc.
- Our outpatient surgery is rated “excellent” by patients and their families in our patient survey. It is consistently ranked above the 95th percentile by Professional Ranking Corporation, LLC (based on national benchmarks).
- Rady Children’s Hospital is the only Level I designated trauma center in San Diego and Imperial Counties, with trauma services accredited by the American College of Surgeons.
- Three surgical specialties (Orthopedics, Cardiology & Heart Surgery, and Neurology & Neurosurgery) are ranked in the top 20 pediatric hospital programs nationwide by U.S. News & World Report.
- Our Pediatric and Adolescent Dermatology division is designated a National Center of Excellence by the Sturge Weber Foundation. It offers state-of-the-art laser facilities and is a national leader in the use of lasers for port wine stains, hemangiomas and vascular tumors. The Scar Treatment and Rehabilitation Program (STAR) uses fractionated CO2 and other laser technologies, as well as non-laser surgical techniques, to improve and minimize significant and deforming scars caused by prior surgeries, trauma, birthmarks and other conditions.
- Our Orthopedics & Scoliosis division provides fracture care with the latest fixation strategies (many developed by our surgeons). Innovative reconstruction procedures in cerebral palsy (advance gait preservation surgery), hip surgery (safe surgical dislocation, point-of-care ultrasound for hip dysplasia) and spinal surgery (growth modulation, Magec Rods, 3-D low-dose imaging, advanced spinal osteotomies) draw patients from around the world.
- Our Sports Medicine program leads in ligament reconstruction techniques that preserve growth and physical therapy metrics that ensure fitness prior to return to play.
- Our Neurosurgery division continues to be a top-ranked program, providing the most advanced approaches for vascular disease in children. These include the treatment of arteriovenous malformations and aneurysms without surgery, and robotic laser ablation of cavernous malformations. Stereotactic-guided radiation in the form of gamma knife or proton therapy is also available.
In the News
Hospital Allow Kids to Drive Themselves to Operating Room, U.S. News & World Report, features Daniela Carvalho, M.D.
Support Our Program
To donate, click the link below and select Surgical Services from the Gift Designation Drop-down menu: