The Family Advisory Council (FAC), composed of family members of patients and Hospital staff, provides feedback and guidance to Rady Children’s staff. This helps to ensure that families have a voice in decisions that can affect them.
Established in 2010, the FAC has provided valuable input and recommendations on the delivery of services, as well as policies and procedures.
Our accomplishments include:
- Establishing the Partners in Care green armband/visitation policy
- Providing input into the Code Blue policy
- Getting improved parking/elevator signage
- Getting additional translation services
- Extending visiting hours
- Expanding and improving the Family Guide
Current efforts are focused on promoting:
- Family-centered physician rounds
- Family presence when anesthesia is given
- Electronic patient education at the bedside
- Increased parent liaison presence
- Input into quality data/metrics
- Family recommendations on multiple initiatives
In addition to the hospital-wide FAC, there are FACs that focus on specific patient populations, including cardiac patients, gender-affirming care patients and neonatal intensive care patients.
The Cardiac Family Advisory Council (CFAC) is comprised of family members, partners-in-care, current and former patients, Hospital leaders and patient care staff who serve as a vital advisory resource for the Heart Institute leadership.
The Patient and Family Advisory Council of the Center for Gender-Affirming Care is an advisory resource to Hospital administration and staff representing the unique and valued perspectives and voices of family members, partners-in-care and patients with gender dysphoria and related issues.
The NICU Family Advisory Committee (NAC) serves as an advisory resource to the Neonatology division, representing the unique and valued perspectives of family members whose child has been cared for in the NICU.
We are actively recruiting new members. If you are interested in serving Rady Children’s patients and families and would like to learn more about participating in the Council, which meets monthly, please fill out the application below.
We would love to have you join us!