Family Advisory Council
The Family Advisory Council (FAC), composed of family members of patients and Hospital staff, provides feedback and guidance to Rady Children’s staff. This helps to ensure that families have a voice in decisions that can affect them.
Established in 2010, the FAC has provided valuable input and recommendations on the delivery of services, as well as policies and procedures.
Our accomplishments include:
- Establishing the Partners in Care green armband/visitation policy
- Providing input into the Code Blue policy
- Getting improved parking/elevator signage
- Getting additional translation services
- Extending visiting hours
- Expanding and improving the Family Guide
Current efforts are focused on promoting:
- Family-centered physician rounds
- Family presence when anesthesia is given
- Electronic patient education at the bedside
- Increased parent liaison presence
- Input into quality data/metrics
- Family recommendations on multiple initiatives
We are actively recruiting new members. If you are interested in serving Rady Children’s patients and families and would like to learn more about participating in the Council, which meets monthly, please fill out the application below.
We would love to have you join us!