Facts and Figures
In fiscal year 2022,* Rady Children’s Hospital:
- Provided care to 281,924 children.
- Had 17,783 inpatient admissions.
- Had 265,869 outpatient visits.
- Provided care to 868 trauma patients. (CY 2021)
- Had 96,360 emergency care visits and 51,107 urgent care visits.
- Performed 17,695 surgeries.
- Performed 383 heart surgeries and attended to 30,874 outpatient visits at our cardiology clinics. To date, we have performed 49 heart transplants. More on our Heart Institute.
- Cared for 300 newly diagnosed cancer patients, attended to 16,811 outpatient visits and provided 31 blood and marrow transplants, and 7 CAR T-cell treatments at our Peckham Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders.
- Provided trauma counseling to 593 children and parents at our Chadwick Center for Children & Families.
- Evaluated or treated 723 children at our Autism Discovery Institute.
- Had 75,890 visits to our orthopedic and rehabilitation clinics, including the 360 Sports Medicine program. More on our Orthopedics & Scoliosis Center.
More to Know:
- Rady Children’s 43-bed Helen Bernardy Center is the only pediatric skilled nursing facility in California. In a home-like environment, medically fragile and developmentally disabled children receive round-the-clock care.
- Rady Children’s Canine Care Program has nearly 30 volunteer dogs. Dogs and their handlers are on Rady Children’s campus five days a week throughout the year.
- The Ronald McDonald House, adjacent to Rady Children’s, is available to families whose children are undergoing tests or treatment.
- Patients at Rady Children’s use more than 2,900 crutches each year.
- Each year, about 127,000 intravenous (IV) sets are used at Rady Children’s.
- Rady Children’s gives out more than 21,000 popsicles a year to patients.
- Rady Children’s playrooms go through about 9,900 packs of crayons a year.
- Rady Children’s gives out about 280,000 Bandaids.
- Rady Children’s uses more than 1.6 million pounds of linen (sheets, pillowcases, towels) each year.
- Rady Children’s uses about 880,000 diapers each year.
- Rady Children’s uses about 131,000 oxisensors each year.
- Rady Children’s uses nearly 12 million exam gloves each year.
- Rady Children’s has gowns to fit all sizes, from infants and children to teenagers.
- A blood pressure cuff for a preemie’s tiny arm is about the size of an adult’s finger.
*July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022