Surgery Grand Rounds
A Continuing Medical Education Program of Rady Children’s Hospital-San Diego and the Department of Pediatrics of UC San Diego School of Medicine.
Welcome to the Surgical Grand Rounds Schedule and online UC San Diego Evaluation Survey. By completing our survey, you will help us to identify quality speakers for future Grand Rounds and enable us to provide you with CME credit tracking for Grand Round events you have attended during the year.
Location: Currently all RCHSD Grand Rounds are held virtually via Zoom.
Time: 7-8 a.m. PST
Accreditation (Read accreditation statement)
To View Grand Rounds by Zoom:
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://rchsd.zoom.us/j/98091057207?pwd=bDV6Qm5QYVZMdC91NHdPOW12S2lQdz09
Join from a Telephone:
- From within Rady Children’s, please dial x228899 and then use meeting ID: 980 9105 7207
- From outside Rady Children’s, please dial 858-966-8899 and then use meeting ID: 980 9105 7207
To Receive CME Credit in person or by Zoom:
- Be sure to do the mobile check-in to the session that you attended by using the QR code provided on-site. You can also find it here: https://ucsd.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3OurD2PpaFA0RVz
- Following the session, you will receive an email to complete the online UC San Diego CME Evaluation survey. Complete the survey.
- A summary certificate for the prior academic year’s CME credits will be available from October to November each calendar year. Requests can be made at email@example.com. Please email for any special requests.
- If you connected through Zoom, please follow steps 1-3.
Surgery Grand Rounds Schedule
Check this page weekly for any schedule changes.
No CME Credit awarded for past sessions.
Friday, August 13, 2021
7-8 a.m. PST
Julianne M. Morath, R.N., M.S., CPPS
From Words To Action: Listening and Responding as a Surgical Skill Set
Friday, September 10, 2021
7-8 a.m. PST
Carl Backer, M.D.
Director, Kentucky Children Hospital’s section of the Joint Pediatric Heart Care Program
Division Chief of Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgery, UK Kentucky Children’s Hospital
Vascular Rings: Complex Lesions and the Influence of Fetal Diagnosis
Friday, October 1, 2021
7-8 a.m. PST
Jo Shapiro, M.D., FACS
Associate Professor, Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
Harvard Medical School
Consultant, Massachusetts General Hospital Department of Anesthesia, Pain and Critical Care
Principal Faculty, Center for Medical Simulation
Wellbeing for Surgeons: Challenges and Opportunities