COVID Collaborative for Children
Welcome to the COVID Collaborative for Children. Our goal is to provide testing for COVID-19 to the children in San Diego County and their families. Testing priority is given to symptomatic people or those who may have been exposed to COVID-19. These individuals have a more rapid turnaround time. If you or your child is symptomatic please notify your physician. If symptoms worsen, please seek emergency care.
1. Why the Collaborative Is Needed
Widespread, continuous testing for COVID-19 is crucial to understanding how to protect the children of San Diego County from the virus and being proactive in identifying an outbreak or surge early. This will not only help the community in getting though the pandemic but will assist in the efforts to open businesses and schools.
2. How to Get Tested
Please complete our online registration form (COVID Testing Registration at www.Radycovidtestingform.org). After completion, a Rady Children’s representative will contact you to schedule an appointment within 48 hours. Please do not arrive for testing if you have not been scheduled for an appointment. Please bring your Record ID with you on the day of scheduled testing for easy look up. If there is an urgent need for testing, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 858-966-6776.
After completing registration, you may receive an email to sign up for MyChart. Please follow the prompts to complete. MyChart will allow you to access your results as soon as they become available. Positive results will be called to the phone number you provide at registration. Please see more information on resulting under “How to Get Results”.
3. Where the Specimen Is Collected
The COVID Drive-Up Tent is by appointment only.
Hours: Monday-Sunday: 7 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Address: Bldg. 28, San Diego, 92123
Directions: When using Google Maps, type in Building 28 parking lot and the site will direct the user to the exact location. This will only work when using Google maps and not a different platform.
- Rady Children’s patients and their families may request to schedule an appointment for testing at the drive-up tent through www.Radycovidtestingform.org. Please see “How to Get Tested” for complete instructions.
- Non-Rady Children’s patients may request to schedule an appointment for testing at the drive-up tent through www.Radycovidtestingform.org. Please see “How to Get Tested” for complete instructions.
- Rady Children’s patients (and their parent) who have an appointment with their primary care office or at a clinic will be offered a COVID-19 PCR test at their scheduled visit.
4. How the Collection Is Performed
This test is performed using a small swab in both sides of the nose, which is a quick and painless procedure.
5. How to Get Results
Results are available within 48-72 hours after your sample has been collected. You will only receive a phone call if your test result is positive. If you have a MyChart account, your results will be available to you immediately.
6. MyChart Access
- If you are a Rady Children’s patient and DO NOT have an existing MyChart account, please contact your physician’s office to activate your account.
- If you are a non-Rady Children’s patient and are over 18 years of age, you will receive a link to sign up for MyChart. If you do not receive a link for MyChart within 48-72 hours after your appointment is scheduled, please call the COVID Nurse Advice Line at 858-966-8399 for assistance in setting up your MyChart account.
- If you are seeking results on a child who is NOT an existing Rady Children’s patient and you do not have a MyChart account, please call the COVID Nurse Advice Line at 858-966-8399.
7. Rady Children’s Employees and Physicians
- Testing due to exposure or symptoms: call Occupational Health and Safety at extension 225865 or Infection Control at extension 228874.
- For weekly or personal testing, please complete the LMS Module “Information for Receiving COVID-19 Testing V1 and then sign up for MyChart via the link that will be emailed to you within two to three days after completion of the LMS Module.Please schedule your appointment in MyChart. You must have an appointment to be tested. See this tip sheet for how to activate your MyChart account and schedule an appointment.
- Your results will be available via MyChart as soon as they are available. You will receive a phone call if your test results are positive.
8. Rady Children’s Employee and Physician Families
- Weekly or personal testing request for families of Rady Children’s employees require completion of the COVID Testing Requisition form (Radycovidtestingform.org) and signing up for MyChart.Please follow the instructions outlined under the about section, “How to Get Tested”. You must have an appointment to be tested at the drive-up tent
- After you have been registered and scheduled for testing at the drive-up tent, you will receive a link to sign up for MyChart within 48-72 hours. Please follow instructions to complete MyChart activation. Your results will be available via MyChart as soon as they are available. You will receive a phone call if your test results are positive.
9. Community Physician Referral Process
- All patients and families must pre-register at www.Radycovidtestingform.org.
- A Rady Children’s representative will call them to schedule an appointment within 48 hours.
- All patients and family members must have a scheduled appointment for testing.
- Please direct your patients and their families to this website for further instructions and questions related to testing and getting results.
- If you would like your patients’ COVID-19 results sent to you:
- You must write an order for COVID-19 testing.
- Please fax a copy of your order to 858-966-6707.
- The order must include information on where to send the results.
For more information on the collaborative, email email@example.com.