The Autism Discovery Institute is at the forefront of cutting-edge research in the field of autism spectrum disorders. Our goals are to integrate research and clinical care to improve diagnosis and treatment and to expand evidence-based effective practices.
Specifically, our research is designed to:
- Identify behavioral and biological markers of autism and other developmental disorders.
- Advance early identification and prevention methods.
- Improve diagnostic methods.
- Provide efficacious treatment across the autism spectrum.
- Establish community integration of effective treatment.
- Translate evidence-based care into community settings.
The Autism Discovery Institute collaborates on research with the following institutions/organizations:
- Child & Adolescent Services Research Center
- UC San Diego Department of Psychiatry and Pediatrics
- San Diego State University Brain Development and Imaging Lab
- MIND Institute at UC Davis
- Rady Children’s Institute for Genomic Medicine