The Autism Discovery Institute is at the forefront of cutting-edge research in the field of autism spectrum disorders. Our goals are to integrate research and clinical care to improve diagnosis and treatment and to expand evidence-based effective practices.
Specifically, our research is designed to:
- Identify behavioral and biological markers of autism and other developmental disorders.
- Advance early identification and prevention methods.
- Improve diagnostic methods.
- Provide efficacious treatment across the autism spectrum.
- Establish community integration of effective treatment.
- Translate evidence-based care into community settings.
Research by REACH Project investigators at the Autism Discovery Institute and UC San Diego finds that genes linked to autism are prone to mutation. Watch the video.
The Autism Discovery Institute collaborates on research with the following institutions/organizations:
- University of California, San Diego departments of Neurology, Genetics, Psychology, Psychiatry and Pediatrics
- Child and Adolescent Services Research Center
- University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- MIND Institute
- University of Michigan
- University of Missouri