Safe Kids San Diego
In 1992, Rady Children’s Hospital-San Diego signed on as the lead agency for a local coalition of Safe Kids Worldwide to form Safe Kids San Diego. This organization is a grassroots coalition of parent champions, private citizens and organizations committed to unintentional injury.
The group convenes bi-monthly, on the first Thursday, to discuss injury trends, share resources, announce events, provide networking opportunities and plan community-based educational programs. A special guest speaker also presents on a topic of interest, and we spotlight a local community resource. Task forces have been formed to address the most prevalent injury areas, which include drowning prevention, child passenger safety, home safety, sports and head injury prevention and pedestrian safety.
Click on the links below for information on the Safe Kids General Assembly meetings:
Safe Kids San Diego Meeting Schedule 2016:
- Safe Kids San Diego General Assembly Meeting, Jan. 12, 2017
- Safe Kids San Diego General Assembly Meeting, March 9, 2017
- Safe Kids San Diego General Assembly Meeting, May 11, 2017
- Safe Kids San Diego General Assembly Meeting, July 13, 2017
- Safe Kids San Diego General Assembly Meeting, September 14, 2017
- Safe Kids San Diego General Assembly Meeting, November 9, 2017
Report to the Community
Safe Kids San Diego and the Health and Human Services Agency of San Diego County collaborate to produce a “Report to The Community.” The report provides information on trends in unintentional death and injury in the county and compares this data to previous reports. Click here for our most recent report.
To learn more about Safe Kids San Diego, contact the local coordinator, Mary Beth Moran, at email@example.com or 858-576-1700, ext. 3547.
To learn more about Safe Kids Worldwide, visit www.safekids.org.