Healthier Ever After Begins at Our Nationally Ranked Pediatric Neurosurgery Program
Rady Children’s Division of Neurosurgery treats infants, children and adolescents with neurological conditions of the brain, skull vault, spine and peripheral nerves. Expert care for each child is provided by the pediatric neurosurgeons of Rady Children’s Specialists of San Diego.
Our pediatric neurosurgery team is highly experienced, performing more than 600 surgeries a year. Areas of pediatric expertise and conditions our health professionals treat include epilepsy, hydrocephalus, brain and spinal cord tumors, cerebrovascular malformations, peripheral nerve and brachial plexus injuries, craniofacial disorders and traumatic injuries.
Our pediatric neurosurgery program also offers a safe and highly successful surgery for hyperhidrosis, a condition marked by excessive sweating,
Whenever possible, minimally invasive procedures from health professionals are used with the assistance of highly advanced technology, including Visualase laser ablation technology and the ROSA surgical robot, for minimally invasive pediatric epilepsy surgery. Learn more.
Find a Doctor
Why Choose Rady Children’s Hospital?
- First in the country to use the ROSA robot to perform an endoscopic third ventriculostomy procedure for the treatment of hydrocephalus.
- Internationally known for craniofacial surgery, genetics and dysmorphology, neurological surgery, bone biology and research, and information technology to advance our understanding of the nervous system.
- Developed innovative technology to facilitate neurosurgical procedures, including a head-mounted display that provides a high-resolution visual field and an endoscopic stylet to increase the safety of catheter placement in complex hydrocephalus disorder.
- Developed advanced procedures for every child patient, including 3-D endoscopic-assisted approaches for complex craniofacial, cerebrovascular and brain tumor surgeries
- Developed biologic waxes and laser-assisted closure techniques to minimize postoperative complications of leakage and infection.
- Developed a computerized system for neurosurgical intraoperative visualization that helps pediatric neurosurgeons integrate real and virtual image modalities.
Video: Dr. Michael Levy discusses our innovative Neurosurgery program
Support Our Program
One hundred percent of your tax-deductible gift benefits Rady Children’s Hospital.
To donate, click the link below and select Neuroscience from the Gift Designation Drop-down menu: