The Neurology Division cares for infants, children and teens with conditions of the nervous system. The nervous system includes the brain, spinal cord and neuromuscular system.
For the fifth consecutive year, U.S. News & World Report ranks our Neurology program among the nation’s best in its “Best Children’s Hospitals” edition.
Diagnosing and treating neurological disorders – or injuries – requires a team of experienced specialists, with access to advanced technology.
Expert care is provided by the highly skilled neurologists of Rady Children’s Specialists of San Diego. And state-of-the-art equipment, including electroencephalography (EEG), computed tomography (CT) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), is used to diagnose a wide range of neurological problems.
Among our services, we offer a comprehensive epilepsy center along with specialty clinics for Rett syndrome, movement disorders, neuromuscular disorders, including muscular dystrophy, cerebrovascular disorders and headaches. We also have a Tic/Tourette Center.
Research is a major focus of our division, with the goal of improving diagnosis and treatment, especially for neurological conditions that are difficult to treat.
- Our Comprehensive Epilepsy Center received Level 4 accreditation for 2016-2017 from the National Association of Epilepsy Centers.
- We are one of two U.S. sites for the International Working Group on Neurotransmitter Related Disorders Registry.
- Our Tuberous Sclerosis Clinic is designated as a Comprehensive Tuberous Sclerosis Clinic by the Tuberous Sclerosis Alliance.
- Doris Trauner, M.D., received the Roger and Mary Brumback Lifetime Achievement Award from the Child Neurology Society in 2016.
In the News
- San Diego Lab Helps Families Dealing with Exceedingly Rare Diseases, KPBS, features Jennifer Friedman, M.D.
- New Gift Broadens Reach of Rady’s Genetics Institute, The San Diego Union-Tribune, features John Crawford, M.D., M.S.
- Resttsyndrome.org Invests $65K to Support Additional Sites for National History Study, EurekAlert!, features Jeffrey Neul, M.D, Ph.D.
- Gene Mutation Didn’t Slow Down High School Senior, Los Angeles Times, features Jennifer Friedman, M.D.
- A Great Mind, With Half A Brain, The San Diego Union-Tribune, features Jeffrey Neul, M.D., PhD.
Video: Learn why our Neurology program is among the nation’s best
Support Our Program
One hundred percent of your tax-deductible gift benefits Rady Children’s. To make a donation, click here.