Click on the link in the flier to register.
The Endocrinology/Diabetes Division provides the most advanced care for children and adolescents with endocrine disorders, diabetes mellitus and lipid disorders. We are also a leader in diabetes research, dedicated to discovering new therapies and ultimately, a cure. Expert care is provided by the endocrinologists of Rady Children’s Specialists of San Diego.
For the seventh consecutive year, U.S. News & World Report ranks our Endocrinology & Diabetes program among the nation’s best in its “Best Children’s Hospital” edition.
Along with treating type 1 diabetes, we treat a growing number of obese children and adolescents who develop type 2 diabetes. We also treat less common types of diabetes, such as maturity-onset diabetes of the young, as well as hypoglycemia (low blood sugar). Additionally, we treat conditions of the endocrine glands, including thyroid disease, adrenal disorders, pubertal disorders, growth problems, calcium disorders, and metabolic bone disease.
- Offers a comprehensive diabetes program to help children and families manage the disease, including continuous glucose monitoring, insulin pump therapy, nutrition counseling, and diabetes education.
- Treats about 1,400 children with diabetes from San Diego, Riverside and Imperial counties; about 75 percent of these patients have type 1 diabetes.
- Is nationally recognized for research on diabetes and beta-cell biology.
- Is consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best pediatric diabetes and endocrinology programs in the nation.
- Offers a Gender Management (GeM) Clinic for children and teens with gender dysphoria (a conflict between their biological sex and gender identity)
In the News
- Clinic Helps San Diego Transgender Youth, KPBS, features Maja Marinkovic, M.D. and Ron Newfield, M.D.
- Depression in Transgender Youth Eases with Recognition, Treatment, PsychCentral.com, features Maja Marinkovic, M.D.
- Team Finds High Need for Treatment of Transgender Youth, Medical Xpress, features Maja Marinkovic, M.D.
- UCSD Study Finds Root Cause of Type 2 Diabetes, nbcsandiego.com
- Type 1 Terror: There’s No Cure and No Way to Prevent It, sandiegoreader.com, features Michael Gottschalk, M.D., Ph.D.
- Higher Intake of Yogurt Linked to Lower Risk of Type 2 Diabetes, Medical News Today
Video: Learn why our Diabetes & Endocrinology program ranks among the nation’s best
Support Our Program
One hundred percent of your tax-deductible gift benefits Rady Children’s. To make a donation, click here.