Services and Education
Comprehensive Spasticity Management Program
Our pediatric physical medicine specialist cares for children with oral medication, botulinum toxin and intrathecal baclofen. Baclofen, a drug to treat spasticity and dystonia, can be effectively delivered directly to the nerve cells in the spinal cord and the brain via an implanted pump.
- Baclofen Pump
- Presentation: Managing Severe Spasticity
- Presentation: Approaches to the Management of Spasticity: Oral Medications, Intrathecal Baclofen & Botulinum Toxin
- DeeDee and her Family – This story reflects the experience of one individual who is receiving Medtronic ITB therapy (Intrathecal Baclofen Therapy) for the treatment of severe spasticity. Click here to read the story. Connecting Newsletter
- Presentation: Medical Therapy Program
Botox Treatment for Spasticity
To learn more about Botox treatment for spasticity, click here.
- Safety of High-Dose Botulinum Toxin Type A Therapy for the Treatment of Pediatric Spasticity
- When It Comes to Botulinum Toxin, Children & Adults Are Not the Same: Multimuscle Option for Children With Cerebral Palsy
- High-Dose Botulinum Toxin A for the Treatment of Lower Extremity Hypertonicity in Children with Cerebral Palsy
Adaptive Equipment Resources
The SCCPC has a great working relationship with a number of certified vendors are available for proper fitting of orthotics, prosthetics and wheelchairs.
A number of surgical interventions for children with cerebral palsy were designated and extensively studied at Rady Children’s. These treatments are available to treat the issues associated with cerebral palsy including scoliosis, muscle contractures, joint dislocations, rotational abnormalities, shoe wear issues and pain.
- Presentation: Lower Extremity Orthopedic Surgery in Cerebral Palsy
- Presentation: The Role of Orthopedic Surgery in the Management of Children with Cerebral Palsy
The Lifespan Clinic (Adult CP Clinic)
The needs of patients with cerebral palsy change with age. Adults with cerebral palsy may develop problems not encountered during childhood due to the aging process. At the Lifespan Clinic, we offer a comprehensive assessment of the Adult CP patient. For more information about the Lifespan Clinic, click here.