A new idea. A different approach. A better solution. From the research lab to the bedside, Rady Children’s brings a passion for innovation to every moment, always striving for excellence, always seeking to advance. Never forgetting that kids come first.
Rady Children’s Proton Therapy Program is the only place in California providing the most advanced proton therapy for pediatric brain and central nervous system tumors. Proton therapy has been successfully used with children for more than 20 years. This cutting-edge treatment uses a controlled beam of protons to target tumors with precision unavailable in other radiation therapies. Learn more in the video below.
Innovations in Care
- 360 Sports Medicine, the only program serving San Diego and Imperial counties to provide 360 degrees of care — from preventing and treating injuries to helping improve the performance of young athletes.
- A state-of-the-art Orthopedic and Scoliosis Center and a new Rehabilitation Medicine Center in one central location, under one roof, allowing for seamless care.
- An Acute Cardiac Unit, providing specialized care for heart patients after surgery and other heart procedures.
Innovations in Technology
- A groundbreaking orthopedic X-ray machine called EOS that produces highly detailed head-to-toe images using significantly less radiation than a standard X-ray.
- An amazing EEG “tattoo,” a stamp-sized patch of tiny circuits, sensors and wireless transmitters to detect seizures in infants. (Currently being tested)
- Proton therapy (through a partnership with Scripps Health), a highly advanced treatment that targets brain, spinal cord and others cancers with incredible precision.
- Telemedicine robots that allow doctors to examine patients from anywhere.
Innovations in Research
- Research by our Allergy/Immunology and Gastroenterology Divisions that has led to the development of a novel treatment for eosinophilic esophagitis, a painful throat disorder.
- Advanced stem cell research for diabetes and pediatric liver disease.
- Genomics and systems medicine research to identify diseases and provide personalized therapies. Learn about our plans for the Rady Pediatric Genomics and Systems Medicine Institute.
It’s about saving lives … in our region, across the country and around the world.