A new idea. A different approach. A better solution. From the research lab to the bedside, Rady Children’s brings a passion for innovation to every moment, always striving for excellence, always seeking to advance. Never forgetting that kids come first.
EOS Orthopedic Imaging
Rady Children’s Orthopedics & Scoliosis Center was the first pediatric program in the nation to install the EOS orthopedic imaging machine. Along with producing highly detailed head-to-toe images, the system uses significantly less radiation than standard X-rays — up to 9 times less. The lower radiation is particularly important for children with spinal abnormalities, such as scoliosis, who will be monitored throughout their lifetimes.
Read more about this amazing technology and watch the video below about scoliosis and the EOS X-ray system.
Innovations in Care
- 360 Sports Medicine, the only program serving San Diego and Imperial counties to provide 360 degrees of care — from preventing and treating injuries to helping improve the performance of young athletes.
- A state-of-the-art Orthopedics & Scoliosis Center and a new Rehabilitation Medicine Center in one central location, under one roof, allowing for seamless care.
- An Acute Cardiac Unit, providing specialized care for heart patients after surgery and other heart procedures.
Innovations in Technology
- A kid-friendly MRI machine that enables children to watch a movie during the exam.
- Proton therapy (through a partnership with Scripps Health), a highly advanced treatment that targets brain, spinal cord and others cancers with incredible precision.
- Telemedicine robots that allow doctors to examine patients from anywhere.
Innovations in Research
- Research by our Allergy/Immunology and Gastroenterology Divisions that has led to the development of a novel treatment for eosinophilic esophagitis, a painful throat disorder.
- Advanced stem cell research for diabetes and pediatric liver disease.
- Genomics and systems medicine research to identify diseases and provide personalized therapies. Learn about our plans for the Rady Pediatric Genomics and Systems Medicine Institute.
It’s about saving lives … in our region, across the country and around the world.