A new idea. A different approach. A better solution. From the research lab to the bedside, Rady Children’s brings a passion for innovation to every moment, always striving for excellence, always seeking to advance. Never forgetting that kids come first.
ROSA Neurosurgical Robot
Rady Children’s Division of Neurosurgery is among a select group of hospitals using ROSA, a surgical robot assistant. With this amazing technology, neurosurgeons can perform epilepsy surgery and other procedures that are minimally invasive, highly precise and very safe – and the child experiences no pain. As a result, more children and their families may consider epilepsy surgery as a treatment option.
Learn more about this advanced technology in the video below.
Innovations in Care
- 360 Sports Medicine, the only program serving San Diego and Imperial counties to provide 360 degrees of care — from preventing and treating injuries to helping improve the performance of young athletes.
- A state-of-the-art Orthopedics & Scoliosis Center and a new Rehabilitation Medicine Center in one central location, under one roof, allowing for seamless care.
- An Acute Cardiac Unit, providing specialized care for heart patients after surgery and other heart procedures.
Innovations in Technology
- The 26-hour genome test, the fastest genome sequencing test in the world, which can provide a genetic diagnosis in 26 hours. The test will first be used on critically ill infants with an unknown diagnosis.
- Minimally invasive epilepsy surgery and other neurosurgical procedures using ROSA, a highly advanced surgical robot assistant.
- The only 3-D Heart Modeling Program in San Diego, which helps physicians to plan complex surgeries and educate parents about their child’s heart condition.
- Proton therapy (through a partnership with Scripps Health), a highly advanced treatment that targets brain, spinal cord and others cancers with incredible precision.
- The EOS orthopedic imaging machine, which produces 3-D images of the spine with significantly less radiation than standard X-rays.
- Telemedicine robots that allow doctors to examine patients from anywhere.
- A kid-friendly MRI machine that enables children to watch a movie during the exam.
Innovations in Research
- Research by our Allergy/Immunology and Gastroenterology Divisions that has led to the development of a novel treatment for eosinophilic esophagitis, a painful throat disorder.
- Advanced stem cell research for diabetes and pediatric liver disease.
- Genomics and systems medicine research to identify diseases and provide personalized therapies. Learn about the Rady Children’s Institute for Genomic Medicine.
It’s about saving lives … in our region, across the country and around the world.