Rady Children’s Comprehensive Kidney Care Center treats children and young adults up to 21 years of age with kidney disease. We offer a full array of services along the age continuum, from prenatal counseling and initial diagnosis, to renal replacement therapy, to the transition to adult nephrology services.
Inpatient services are provided for the treatment of all nephrology conditions. These services include acute hemodialysis, acute peritoneal dialysis, continuous renal replacement therapy and our outstanding Kidney Transplant Program. Our outpatient services include the Nephrology/Chronic Kidney Disease Clinic, Hypertension/Obesity Clinic, Kidney Transplant Clinic, Dialysis Clinic (peritoneal dialysis & hemodialysis), Infusion Center services and apheresis.
We also have two joint specialty clinics: the Stone Clinic with our Urology division for the management of kidney stones and the Lupus Clinic with our Rheumatology division. These clinics make it possible to see two specialists in one visit.
Multidisciplinary Family-Centered Care
Expert, family-centered care is provided by the Nephrology division of Rady Children’s Specialists of San Diego. We have a multidisciplinary team including physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, medical assistants, social workers, dietitians, pharmacists and child life specialists. Care is coordinated among these disciplines and individualized to meet the needs of each patient. Our team is here to support you through your child’s journey.
Children needing hemodialysis are treated at Rady Children’s five-station Hemodialysis Unit, which has a state-of-the-art ultrapure water processing facility. Pure water is important because the hemodialysis machines mix their own dialysate solutions, which is used to clean the patient’s blood.
Specially trained dialysis nurses are experts in treating patients of all ages and sizes, from infants to young adults. Along with receiving personalized care from our nurses and doctors, each patient will see the other members of our comprehensive care team.
In the News
- Joven Hispano Busca el Regalo de Vida, un Nuevo Riñón, Telemundo, features Dean Nourbakhsh, DO
- March Is National Kidney Month, kusi.com, features Elizabeth Ingulli, M.D.
- Young Kidney Disease Patients, Donors Celebrated at Rady Children’s Hospital, nbcsandiego.com, features Nephrology patient
- Teen Meets Kidney Donor Who Saved Her Life, kpbs.com, features kidney transplant patient Kassidy Thomas
- Against All Odds, This Baby Is Alive, Kicking and Smiling, The San Diego Union-Tribune, features Nadine Benador, M.D
- Teen Gets Kidney Transplant, Graduates High School, nbcsandiego.com, features Rady Children’s Hospital