We provide a full array of services to diagnose and treat kidney diseases, which are listed below.
- Nephrology/Chronic Kidney Disease Clinic
- Kidney biopsies — Kidney biopsies are used to diagnose various diseases. This is a short procedure using general anesthesia where a special needle is used to take a small sample of kidney tissue and can usually be accomplished as an outpatient procedure.
- Kidney Transplant Clinic — We provide transplant evaluations for children undergoing dialysis. A referral is required from your child’s physician.
- Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring Program — Some children have “white coat syndrome” — high blood pressure due to anxiety about seeing the doctor. To determine if a child has true high blood pressure, Rady Children’s developed this program. The child wears a blood-pressure cuff that inflates every 20 minutes during the day and every hour at night. A referral to this program is required from your child’s physician.
- Joint Rheumatology and Nephrology Lupus Clinic
- Joint Urology and Nephrology Stone Clinic
- Combination therapy for focal segmental glomerulosclerosis — A combination of pulse methylprednisolone, alternate day corticosteroids and oral cyclophosphamide, known as Tune Mendoza, has been shown to have very good results.
- Outpatient Dialysis Center — Directed by Nadine Benador, M.D., dialysis services are provided on an outpatient basis.
- Outpatient Apheresis Center — Directed by Nadine Benador, M.D., apheresis services are provided on an outpatient basis.
- Tuberous Sclerosis Clinic (multidisciplinary)