The Division of Neurology cares for infants, children and adolescents with conditions of the nervous system (brain, spinal cord and neuromuscular system). We are ranked among the top pediatric programs in the nation and are dedicated to providing the highest quality care for your child.
We welcome children and families who have limited treatment options where they live.
Diagnosing and treating neurological disorders and injuries requires an expert team of specialists, with access to advanced technology. Our highly skilled team is experienced in caring for patients with the full spectrum of common neurology conditions.
We also offer a wide range of specialty services, including a Comprehensive Epilepsy Center and Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis Center, as well as multidisciplinary clinics for Rett syndrome, Angelman syndrome, tuberous sclerosis complex, Tic/tourette syndrome, neuro-oncology and neuromuscular disorders.
In addition to excellent pediatric care, research and education are top priorities. We endeavor to train the next generation of pediatric neurologists while contributing to the science of diagnosing and treating newly discovered neurological conditions. Learn about our pediatric residency program.
- Consistently ranked as a top pediatric program by U.S. News & World Report.
- Recognized as a Rettsyndrome.org Clinical Center for Excellence for research and treatment of families affected by Rett syndrome.
- Offer a Comprehensive Epilepsy Center with level 4 accreditation from the National Association of Epilepsy Centers.
- One of the few pediatric hospitals in the country that provides transcranial magnetic stimulation.
- One of two U.S. sites for the International Working Group on Neurotransmitter Related Disorders Registry.
- Provide a Multidisciplinary Neuromuscular Clinic with state-of-the-art care for spinal muscular atrophy with the use of Spinraza and Zolgensma
- Offer a Tuberous Sclerosis Complex Clinic designated as a Comprehensive Tuberous Sclerosis Clinic by the Tuberous Sclerosis Alliance.
Video: Dr. Anuja Jindal, recognized by her fellow Rady Children’s Medical Staff for her care of patients with neurodevelopmental disabilities
In the News
- Current Clinical Trial Assessing Potential of CBD in Treatment of Autism, Newswise, features Doris Trauner, M.D.
- Genomic Sequencing Giving Precise Diagnosis, cbs8.com, features Jennifer Friedman, M.D.
- San Diego Lab Helps Families Dealing with Exceedingly Rare Diseases, KPBS, features Jennifer Friedman, M.D.
- New Gift Broadens Reach of Rady’s Genetics Institute, The San Diego Union-Tribune, features John Crawford, M.D., M.S.
- Gene Mutation Didn’t Slow Down High School Senior, Los Angeles Times, features Jennifer Friedman, M.D.
Support Our Program
One hundred percent of your tax-deductible gift benefits Rady Children’s. To make a donation, click here.