Among the research studies currently underway:
- Primary care providers in our program are completing surveys about the new integration of behavioral health within their primary care clinics where they work. Their feedback provides valuable information on how the Primary Care Mental Health Integration Program is working.
- Depression screenings have become an important tool that allow clinicians to quickly screen patients and refer patients who may be experiencing symptoms of depression to additional services. We are currently researching how often positive screens occur to better understand depression in children and adolescents.
- In collaboration with local partners, we have been able to begin evaluating data from a pilot program that provided mental health screenings to high school athletes as a part of their sport physicals.
The TMH team has also presented two studies at academic conferences:
- Racial and Ethnic Differences in Time to Treatment in Behavioral Health – presented at the 2021 Society of Pediatric Psychology Annual Conference
- Development and Implementation of an Integrated Behavioral Health System Embedded in Pediatric Primary Care – presented at the 2020 Integrated Care Conference by the Collaborative Family Healthcare Association
For more information, email TMHTeam@rchsd.org.