Video Visits (Telemedicine)
Rady Children’s is committed to safely meeting the health care needs of all children in our community and protecting everyone from exposure to COVID-19. In addition to select on-site visits, we are now offering video (telemedicine) visits from your computer or mobile device. Telemedicine visits are convenient, effective, safe and available for many of the services we offer. For more information, please contact us. Learn more.
Rady Children’s Heart Institute, an institute without walls, was created to integrate and coordinate the research and educational programs of the Cardiology and Cardiovascular Surgery divisions. Our goal is to provide optimal care for infants, children and adults with congenital heart defects and to advance our knowledge and understanding of congenital heart disease. We also care for patients with acquired heart disease.
The Heart Institute serves San Diego’s pediatric population and is a major referral center for Imperial, Riverside and Orange counties, as well as the Pacific Rim. Outpatient services are provided at Rady Children’s and satellite locations in Encinitas, Escondido, Murrieta and Oceanside. (Click here for maps and directions.) In addition, we regularly teleconference with our colleagues in Hawaii.
Research, in affiliation with UC San Diego, is a major focus of our Institute. Through clinical trials, outcomes analysis and the continuous evaluation of our clinical pathways, we strive to discover the most promising treatments and ultimately find cures.
Heart Institute Achievements:
- First in San Diego to have a 3-D Heart Modeling Program.
- Named a California Children’s Services (CCS)-designated Center of Excellence, based on meeting strict quality outcomes criteria
- Named an accredited center of care by the Children’s Cardiomyopathy Foundation (CCF), a national nonprofit committed to improving the health outcomes and quality of life for children with cardiomyopathy. Learn more on the CCF website.
- First in world to perform a nonsurgical, catheter-only procedure in patient with single-ventricle congenital heart disease.
- The only two ABIM-certified adult congenital heart disease specialists in San Diego, Imperial and Riverside counties. Learn more.
- Ongoing clinical trials to advance the understanding and application of pharmacological interventions, surgical devices and catheter-delivered interventions in the treatment of children and adults with congenital heart defects.
- Collects and analyzes clinical data and outcomes with the assistance of an international clinical outcomes database (CardioAccess).
- Selected to participate in the Congenital Heart Surgeons Society’s ongoing, multi-institutional study of outcomes and practices.
- Continues to refine clinical pathways to optimize efficacy and decrease the length-of-stay for patients undergoing heart surgery and catheter interventions.
Support Our Program
One hundred percent of your tax-deductible gift benefits Rady Children’s. To make a donation, click here.