Rady Children’s Heart Institute is dedicated to providing the best possible and most personalized heart care for infants, children and adults with congenital heart defects and acquired heart disease.
Our expert team is highly experienced and skilled, and will be with you every step of the way on your child’s journey.
The Institute serves as a major referral center for Imperial, Riverside and Orange counties as well as the Pacific Rim. Outpatient services are provided at Rady Children’s and satellite locations in Encinitas, Escondido, Murrieta and Oceanside. (See maps and directions.) In addition, we regularly teleconference with our colleagues in Hawaii.
Created to integrate and coordinate the research and educational programs of the Cardiology and Cardiovascular Surgery divisions, the Institute seeks to advance our knowledge and understanding of pediatric heart disease. Through ongoing clinical trials, outcomes analysis and the continuous evaluation of our clinical pathways, we strive to discover the most promising treatments and ultimately find cures.
Heart Institute Achievements:
- Accredited by the Adult Congenital Heart Association, a nationwide organization focused on connecting patients, family members and health care providers to form a community of support and a network of experts with knowledge of congenital heart disease.
- First in the nation to have a pediatric image-guided intervention center.
- First in San Diego to have a 3-D Heart Modeling Program.
- Named a California Children’s Services (CCS)-designated Center of Excellence, based on meeting strict quality outcomes criteria
- Named an accredited center of care by the Children’s Cardiomyopathy Foundation, a national nonprofit committed to improving the health outcomes and quality of life for children with cardiomyopathy. Learn more on the CCF website.
- First in world to perform a nonsurgical, catheter-only procedure in patient with single-ventricle congenital heart disease.
Support Our Program
One hundred percent of your tax-deductible gift benefits Rady Children’s. To make a donation, click here.