Healthier Ever After Begins at Our Top 3 Ranked Pediatric Heart Center
At Rady Children’s Heart Institute, we are committed to delivering exceptional and individualized heart care for infants, children, and adults affected by congenital heart defects or acquired heart disease.
Our pediatric cardiologists and heart surgeons from Rady Children’s Specialists of San Diego are highly experienced and skilled, and will be with you every step of the way on your child’s journey.
Created to integrate and coordinate the research and align the research educational programs of the Cardiology and Cardiovascular Surgery divisions, the Heart Institute s dedicated to advancing our understanding and expertise in the field of pediatric cardiology and heart disease.
Our cardiac surgery facilities offer a full range of heart surgery and care services serving as a prominent referral center for Imperial, Riverside, and Orange counties as well as the Pacific Rim. Outpatient pediatric cardiology services are provided at Rady Children’s Hospital and satellite locations in Encinitas, Escondido, Murrieta, and Oceanside. (See maps and directions.)
Why Choose Rady Children’s Pediatric Cardiology?
- Setting the standard for excellence in medical and surgical outcomes for pediatric cardiac care. Learn more.
- Pioneering the nation’s first pediatric image-guided intervention center of its kind in the nation, with low- or no-dose radiation for cardiac interventions.
- First in San Diego to have a 3-D Heart Modeling Program, using life-like models to practice and train for complex procedures.
- First in the world to perform a nonsurgical, catheter-only procedure in a patient with single-ventricle congenital heart disease.
- Recognized and accredited by the Adult Congenital Heart Association, a nationwide organization focused on connecting patients, family members, and health care providers to form a community of support and a network of expert cardiologists with knowledge of congenital heart disease.
- Named an accredited center of pediatric heart care by the Children’s Cardiomyopathy Foundation, a national nonprofit committed to improving the health outcomes and quality of life for children with cardiomyopathy. Learn more on the CCF website.
Dr. John J. Nigro discusses our nationally recognized heart program
Rady Children’s Hospital’s Cardiovascular Heart Institute is a renowned center for pediatric cardiology, offering a wide range of services to effectively address various heart-related conditions in children. Our team of esteemed pediatric cardiologists, specializing in areas such as cardiac critical care, cardiac imaging, cardiac surgery, and interventional cardiology, is dedicated to delivering exceptional care to children with heart defects, heart failure, and other cardiac issues. Our heart institute also plays a pivotal role in cardiology medical education, providing a dynamic learning environment that fosters innovation and excellence. Leveraging our expertise in heart transplants and a robust pediatric cardiology program, we are committed to advancing the field and ensuring that young patients receive the utmost quality of care and support on their path toward heart health.
Support Our Program
One hundred percent of your tax-deductible gift benefits Rady Children’s.
To donate, click the link below and select Heart Institute from the Gift Designation Drop-down menu: