Partners in Care
**In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Rady Children’s is updating our visitor policy to protect the health and safety of our patients, family and staff.
Effective immediately, we are limiting partners in care per patient to two. Our current policy remains in effect: only Partners in Care may visit. Our goal, to protect the health and safety of our patients, family and staff, is to achieve a maximum number of visitors per patient to two.
Con efecto inmediato, estamos limitando los socios de cuidado de cada paciente a dos personas. Nuestra política actual continúa en vigor: solo los socios de cuidado pueden venir a visitar. Nuestra meta, para proteger la salud y seguridad de nuestros pacientes, familias y personal, es lograr un número máximo de dos visitas por paciente.**
About Partners in Care
- Partners in Care (PIC) are caregivers chosen by parents/legal guardians based upon their commitment and availability to provide physical and emotional support to the patient. There may be a total of four PICs designated, including the parents/legal guardians.
- PICs usually have unrestricted access to the patient, 24 hours a day. On occasion visitation may be limited or restricted temporarily to protect the patient’s privacy, health and/or safety.
- PICs will be identified by a green armband which must be worn at all times and is not transferable.
A Partner in Care Has the Following Special Privileges:
- Discounts on extended parking
- Room service from Café (pay via credit card or EASE card from the child’s room; some restrictions may apply; please ask about rules in your unit related to food at the bedside, etc.)
- Free coffee or tea (from carts on patient floors)
- Access to Family Rooms, library, chapel, gardens, playroom, playgrounds
A Partner in Care Has Access to the Ronald McDonald House, Including, but Not Limited to:
- Dining-room service: two meals prepared daily
- Napping rooms
- Kids’ playroom
- Outdoor courtyard
- Computer room
- Fitness center
- Laundry rooms
- Non-denominational chapel
- Salon (by appointment only)
- Other activities, as scheduled