Partners in Care
New! All Partners in Care for inpatients must show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a negative lab-provided PCR or antigen test within 72 hours before entering. Inpatient Partners in Care who are not vaccinated must continue to provide a negative COVID-19 test result every 72 hours.
Partners in Care must follow infection control policies and have no symptoms of illness (including respiratory illness); be screened prior to entry; perform hand hygiene upon arrival, in the patient room and when leaving the room; wear approved an facial covering at all times; and remain in the patient room for the entire visit and notify nursing staff when ready to leave.
Update: Two Partners in Care are now allowed at the patient’s bedside and in the outpatient clinics. (Effective 3/25/21)
About Partners in Care
- Partners in Care (PIC) are caregivers chosen by parents/legal guardians based upon their commitment and availability to provide physical and emotional support to the patient. There may be a total of four PICs designated, including the parents/legal guardians.
- PICs usually have unrestricted access to the patient, 24 hours a day. On occasion, visitation may be limited or restricted temporarily to protect the patient’s privacy, health and/or safety.
- PICs will be identified by a green armband which must be worn at all times and is not transferable.
A Partner in Care Has the Following Special Privileges:
- Discounts on extended parking
- Room service from Café (pay via credit card or EASE card from the child’s room; some restrictions may apply; please ask about rules in your unit related to food at the bedside, etc.)
- Free coffee or tea (from carts on patient floors)
- Access to Family Rooms, library, chapel, gardens, playroom, playgrounds
A Partner in Care Has Access to the Ronald McDonald House, Including, but Not Limited to:
- Dining-room service: two meals prepared daily
- Napping rooms
- Kids’ playroom
- Outdoor courtyard
- Computer room
- Fitness center
- Laundry rooms
- Non-denominational chapel
- Salon (by appointment only)
- Other activities, as scheduled