Partners in Care
**In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Rady Children’s is updating our visitor policy to protect the health and safety of our patients, family and staff.
Effective 7/1/20, patients can have no more than two Partners in Care (PIC). PIC must remain in the patient room. Inpatient waiting areas are currently closed. We recommend only one PIC be on the unit at one time, but for inpatient areas, both PICs may be allowed, subject to unit leadership approval.
About Partners in Care
- Partners in Care (PIC) are caregivers chosen by parents/legal guardians based upon their commitment and availability to provide physical and emotional support to the patient. There may be a total of four PICs designated, including the parents/legal guardians.
- PICs usually have unrestricted access to the patient, 24 hours a day. On occasion, visitation may be limited or restricted temporarily to protect the patient’s privacy, health and/or safety.
- PICs will be identified by a green armband which must be worn at all times and is not transferable.
A Partner in Care Has the Following Special Privileges:
- Discounts on extended parking
- Room service from Café (pay via credit card or EASE card from the child’s room; some restrictions may apply; please ask about rules in your unit related to food at the bedside, etc.)
- Free coffee or tea (from carts on patient floors)
- Access to Family Rooms, library, chapel, gardens, playroom, playgrounds
A Partner in Care Has Access to the Ronald McDonald House, Including, but Not Limited to:
- Dining-room service: two meals prepared daily
- Napping rooms
- Kids’ playroom
- Outdoor courtyard
- Computer room
- Fitness center
- Laundry rooms
- Non-denominational chapel
- Salon (by appointment only)
- Other activities, as scheduled