Amenities & Resources
An ATM is located in the Café in the Hahn Pavilion. A second ATM is available in the Rose Pavilion, just past the Gift Shop near McDonald’s.
The Chapel is always open for prayer, meditation or quiet reflection. The Chapel is located on the first floor of the Rose Pavilion on Children’s Way, behind the lobby.
Rady Children’s Food and Nutrition Services Department provides a variety of options throughout the Hospital to obtain a healthy meal or snack. Unless otherwise noted, most locations accept cash, major credit cards and Rady Children’s “EASE” cards. EASE cards are pre-paid debit-type cards that can be purchased by contacting the Food and Nutrition Services Department at extension 5621.
• The Café is located in the Hahn Pavilion and offers a variety of healthy food options, along with different food stations, such as Deli, Soup, Salad and Grill. To help identify nutrition facts, Café entrées, deli sandwiches and grill specials provide health-finder nutrition tags, such as “Calorie Counter 500 calories or less,” “Sodium Smart 400mg or less,” and selections marked as “Good source of Calcium.” The Café is open Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.; weekends and holidays from 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Hours are subject to change.
• Room service is available for patients and families from 6:30 a.m. – 12:30 a.m. Menus and dietary information are available in your child’s room and offer a variety of favorites, such as hot and cold deli sandwiches, pizza, salads and hot entrées. Good nutrition is important to us. To place an order, please call extension 5619 and pay using a credit card or EASE card. Cash is not accepted for Room Service orders.
• Java City Coffee Kiosk is located outside behind/between the Rose Pavilion and the Acute Care Pavilion. The Kiosk offers premium and flavored coffees, as well as specialty coffee drinks. In addition, 100 percent fruit smoothies, freshly brewed teas and freshly baked pastries are available. The Kiosk is open Monday through Friday from 6:30 a.m. – 2 p.m. Hours are subject to change.
• Grab-and-Go food is located on the 2nd floor of the Acute Care Pavilion. The store carries items such as salads and sandwiches, hot and cold beverages, gum, candies and mints. Hours of operation for Grab-and-Go vary.
• Vending machines are also available throughout the campus. Staff members can direct you to the nearest location.
• McDonald’s is in the Rose Pavilion. It is open from 6:30 a.m. – 11 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 7 a.m. – 11 p.m. on weekends.
Several gardens are located throughout the Rady Children’s campus as places for patients, families and staff to relax. These include Carley’s Magical Gardens, located in the Hahn Pavilion, and Leichtag Family Healing Garden, located behind the Rose Pavilion.
Additionally there are three new gardens in the Acute Care Pavilion. On the ground level is a whimsical landscaped courtyard between the Rose and the Acute Care Pavilions. The 2nd Floor Garden offers clues which are hidden throughout the garden. The clues lead the children to 12 golden eggs of Marisa, the Magical Bird. At the south end of the 3rd floor, there is a terrace that provides beautiful views of downtown San Diego, Point Loma and, on clear days, the Coronado Islands.
The gardens are open daily from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. They provide a fun and beautiful distraction for patients, and a place of comfort and peace for families.
Rady Children’s Library is open to families Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. The library is located next to the Café (also called Cafeteria or Dining Room) and offers families the use of computers with Internet access, the copy machine, and access to numerous medical resources. Library hours are subject to change.