Visits from parents, guardians, brothers, sisters and other close family members play an important role in your child’s recovery. We ask that you follow the visiting guidelines below, so we can provide the best possible care.
- Partners in Care are welcome to visit any time unless there is a danger of spreading illness (such as during a severe flu season), while a surgical procedure is in progress in the department, or an emergency is occurring in the area.
- Visiting hours: Brothers, sisters and other family & friends may visit between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m.
- All visitors must check in at one of the Information Desks, located in the Nelson Family Pavilion (Entrance 9 located on Frost Street), the Rose Pavilion (Entrance 1 located on Children’s Way) or the Acute Care Pavilion (Entrance 2 located on Children’s Way). The visitor badge or armband must be worn at all times. Please do not give your badge/armband to anyone else.
- Child visitors are the responsibility of the parent. Children under the age of 13 – including brothers and sisters of the patient – must be accompanied by an adult in all areas, except in activity/playrooms.
Those not allowed to visit include:
- Anyone who has symptoms of a contagious illness, such as the flu, a cough, cold, vomiting, diarrhea or rash.
- Anyone who has not had the chicken pox, measles or other infectious diseases and has had a known exposure in the past three weeks. If you received the chicken pox vaccine in the last three weeks, talk to your child’s nurse before visiting.